Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

We know Strohmeier was part of the group escaping from Theta because of his discussion with Brandon Wan (when Brandon sacrifices himself). Furthermore, in the Theta exit sequence after Simon wrenches his way out of the WAU dream state, there are four mind coral humans corresponding to each of the people I said didn't make it out of Theta (their entity names confirm their identities). If you approach these bodies, you can listen in on their sleep talking:
  • Koster is in the train car to the right after you wake up out of the structure gel. She's dreaming of being on a date with Brandon.

Spoiler below!
    Brandon... I knew you'd come. Too much of a romantic to forget. But do you remember this? The necklace you gave me. *giggle* Come on, let's go inside. They make the best coffee. And the view -- to die for. I'd live here if they'd let me.

• Strohmeier is at the far end of the first room you encounter the proxy in. He's dreaming of working on a plane or something with an old close friend named Doug.

Spoiler below!
    Doug, quit hogging the screwdriver. Sun's going down already... Let's get this thing running. Don't worry, it's going to fly all right. We'll be soaring across the fields. It's gonna be incredible. When we're sick of it, we'll head back to town. Get some beer, shoot some pool. Just like the good old days. Now hand over the damn screwdriver.

• Goya is just before the vent in the hall where the proxy is patrolling, across from the alcove. He's dreaming that he's back at Delta and he finally beat Akers in a game of chess.

Spoiler below!
    I can't believe I won! That's one for the books. Now I can finally die happy. Forget it, Terry. I'm not playing anymore. Holy... did you hear, Brand? Yeah, I won. Got the king cornered. Oh, a new order's in? Great, let's work it! Is it another communication satellite? Military? Better make sure we get it right then. Come on, Brand. Let's help out our boys.

• Frost is to your right after crawling out of the vent. He's dreaming that he is announcing a major scientific discovery/breakthrough of some kind. (Possibly discovering alien life?)

Spoiler below!
    I'd like to thank the committee. Her Majesty Queen Christina II, thank you. This discovery belongs to everyone. It's been hard keeping it secret. Now recognized, at last. We're living in an exciting time. Learning that we're not alone. Is perhaps greater than anything. I have to dedicate this to my father... The late Elliot Frost, who inspired me, all these years.

If you're referring to the datamine in the dive room at Tau, the people involved are Steve Glasser, Sarah Lindwall, and Ian Pedersen (which is confirmed by looking at the lang entries of this conversation). Glasser is the guy at Tau who welcomes the ARK team upon their arrival and is the guy who accompanies Ross to the climber (and dies on the way). Pedersen is the guy who tells him about how everyone at Omicron thinks Tau is dead and who ultimately ends up killing Catherine. (I think we all know who Sarah Lindwall is.)

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2017, 07:30 PM by Abion47.)
03-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 03-14-2017, 07:18 PM