Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Quote:In Mark Sarang's room is a map that looks like outer space and a circle drawn on it. There is something written but it's just a few letters. The 1st one is either V or U. The 2nd one is 4 or H and the 3rd one is either S or 8. Any ideas?

It says UH8, as in the helper bot.

Quote:The other thing I wanted to ask about was that 4th Legacy scan seems pretty random and I wonder if it's a reference to anything.

No idea. There's a Shin Nakajima at the National Institute of Informatics in Japan and a Shinichi Nakajima in a Berlin institute who has published papers on computer vision and machine learning, but I'm not sure if they are so significant that they are the ones referenced by that scan.

One possibility is that it's a reference to (Shin) Megami Tensei, an older RPG game. In that game, the protagonist is named Akemi Nakajima, and he's a prodigy in the use of computers and has to battle against demons who were summoned and given physical bodies by a program he made. It would be an interesting parallel, but I can't find a significance reference to "Nanami" anywhere in the Megami Tensei canon. The only thing I can find is the name of an actress who played the supporting role of the protagonist's (not Nakajima) girlfriend in a minor spin-off TV series

There's also the possibility that it isn't a reference, though. That first scan could just exist to show that the technology to do that kind of brain scan wasn't invented by Dr. Munshi. He merely used it in his thesis as a part of a potential treatment for brain injuries.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 01:02 AM by Abion47.)
04-02-2017, 12:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 04-02-2017, 12:40 AM