Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Quote:I thought of UH8 but how does that tie in to a map of space?

What map of space? There is no map of space in Sarang's room. The image is an underwater picture of a UH8 unit:

[Image: dVinvfj.png]

Quote:Did Carthage send Dahl, Sarang, and Ross to consult Pathos 2 employees to change events?

Seeing as the comet still landed and killed off nearly all if not all human life on the planet and the Carthage employees really should've seen that coming had they been from the future, I'm going to label this theory as unlikely.

The only "time travel" was Simon's brain getting plugged into a robot 100 years after he died. The two things about that form of time travel is that it's the same form of time travel as cryogenically freezing yourself, and that form of time travel only works in one direction.

Quote:The other theory I had was the map indicates Carthage is operating from somewhere else in our galaxy.

I don't like this theory (and the previous theory as well) for the same reason as why I don't like the Ross Magical Teleportation theory. SOMA establishes a very specific set of technological advancements and capabilities. It doesn't display metaphysical events or otherworldly presences. As such, for Carthage to be agents from the future or from outer space is not only unsupported by any in-game evidence, it's unsupported by everything we know about the game's setting and established mythos.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 09:58 PM by Abion47.)
04-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 04-02-2017, 09:58 PM