Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Kikiyodragon Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

My idea to make the "monster in the closet" trick work, would to simply have no real monster. Either a hallucination due to low sanity, or perhaps, a bloodied mess of a corpse could be in there, possibly fall out of the closet when you first open it, kind of like the skulls in the study's drawer.

I also think things, either hallucinations or not, could jump out at you, such as something to appear to move under the pile of corpses in the morgue, or the severed dog head on the table in the study could suddenly "leap" at you. Perhaps "ghosts" of past victims could appear as well, with a low enough sanity level, in the storage, prison or torture rooms.

I also agree with reflections and shadows sometimes appearing, be they cast from monster or nothingness, or perhaps something that looks like a monster, but isn't, such as a statue or pile of rubble or objects cleverly arranged.

The idea of a room appearing orderly upon first visit, clearing through after a puzzle or item is picked up, and returning to the once-pristine room, only to see it a mess of broken or knocked about furniture, books and other objects, and maybe claw marks in the floor or walls, would be neat. Perhaps some broken glass here or there too. Also, the idea of wandering through a pitch-black room, completing a puzzle, and then turning around to see the lights have come on and reveal that the room is full of gore or other disturbing visuals.

A fairly intelligent enemy, only seen once or twice in the game, would be neat. Include a sort of chase where the player must hide, and said enemy will search every crevice it can. You must do what you can to either distract it or hope and wait for it to look for you in a different area, and take this as your chance to escape. You run down hallways or tunnels, and climbing onto ledges will do no good, as this creature can do the same. Maybe have the end of it chase you up a ladder and onto a rickety bridge or board over a long fall. You manage to get across safely if you reach the bridge in time, but the enemy is too heavy for the bridge and it snaps under its weight, sending it down to murky depths below.

That's all I can think of for now. Smile
11-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Kikiyodragon - 11-15-2011, 04:26 AM