Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

(12-01-2011, 05:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 12:30 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: And that is an opinion good sir, one that I will disagree with, if FG had the budget and more staff, I'm sure they could have actually done a lot more to make this game more scary
They don't need a big budget.

They have their self-made engine and the tools to create the game.
I'm sure, they included all the best ideas they had for Amnesia, they don't let things out, how it is when a publisher jostle to release the game when it isn't ready.
So we get a high-quality game.
The only thing what costs money are the external workers like story writer, composer and voice talents.
For a game you don't need a big budget.
It's not a cinematic action game with high-end blockbuster effects.
Look at the custom stories, the people create without a budget. They work in their free time.

FrictionalGames does the same, they all work at home and meet in the internet only.
A big budget is nice to have, but doesn't influence the quality of the game anyway.
You can make a shit game with big budget and good games without a budget.

It's not the budget, what makes a good game, it's the developers.
You're completely missing the point, I'm not saying it's not the developers, I'm saying they could have done more with more money, and a lot of their commentary and things they've said proves this, for example they wanted to make more monsters, but couldn't because of budget constraints, they probably wanted to add more npc models, but couldn't because of budget constraints.

Because models, dialogue, audio, animations are expensive.

They were barely making ends meet when they were in the process of making Amnesia, the fact they made such a stunningly successful game is a testament to their skill as developers, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have liked to do more if they'd had more money

12-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Hunter of Shadows - 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM