Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

The first playtime scared me shitless, but every time after that I've noticed I've been wishing:

~ That monsters wouldn't disappear after a while. At least not always. They should stay in there like they do in Penumbra. I've already stopped counting how many times I've played Amnesia but I'm still avoiding Penumbras a bit since there's so much tension in the air even after I've beaten them already. Big Grin In Justine it was such a positive surprise when the monsters wouldn't go away. Panic x 10.

~ Difficulty levels! Easy, normal, challenging and hard for example. On harder difficulty there could be less of tinderboxes and oil so that you can't light everything on the way. More monsters, easier sanity reduction or something. Experienced players can avoid pretty much all of the darkness, monsters and sanity loss = everything that makes it scary.

~ Less obvious triggers. Monsters could spawn also at random and not always when you pick up something important or walk at some same spot. The best scares are almost all avoidable when you know that's something's going to happen when you pick up something, so you can clear the whole area in peace and pick the trigger up when you're finished. Sad

~
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 09:59 AM by Carrna.)
01-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Carrna - 01-02-2012, 09:58 AM