Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Shadowman60 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

If i make ideas that belong to somebody else, credit to them.

1. Random monster encounters

Monsters should spawn in most areas randomly (Except for the "Hub" area)

2. Most monsters do not disappear

Most monsters should patrol and look for you, and don't disappear; the last grunt in the storage for example, i got so scared at that part, i just booked it.

3. More hallucinations

Like in the Nave,
Spoiler below!
If you fall down a well, you spawn in the previously locked room, and it seems you're trapped. But if you try to open the door, the Shadow will disappear, and the door was open the whole time.

4. Death is not an option

This one is hard to explain, if you die, you should go back to the hub, and if you completed a room before you died, the room stays completed. A checkpoint is reached, once you complete a hub, and another checkpoint is reached after the journey.

(Journey is the little area before the next hub. I.E. Refinery, Prison ect.)

5. The point of no return

The game already has a few examples of this, too few. If you choose to enter a room, you cannot go back... until that room is completed.

(Completed = requires all important pieces. Oil, laudanum and tinderbox do not count.)

(Places like laboratory that can be entered early, but you can't get all the required pieces such as acid, you can exit early.)

6. More visual effects

Examples:

Every loud beat of the chase music makes the screen go darker for a split second.

Every time something disturbing happens, the screen jerks up a little. Ect.

7. Hard mode

Random enemy spawns, enemy music is disabled, character can trip while running, lantern runs out faster which means you need to conserve your oil even more, less helpful items ect.

--------------

That pretty much sums it up, do you think this would make Amnesia any scarier?

What's with the big spaces? I didn't put those there when i made it.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 05:31 AM by Shadowman60.)
01-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Shadowman60 - 01-12-2012, 05:28 AM