Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

There was one time I entered the last large area (where you're fist knocked out / taken prisoner by the gang of grunts). Er, when I was going up that first set of stairs before it turns 90 degrees to the left -leading to the door. I think it was the combination of the fog and the shadow's sinewy infection of the area. In my mind, for a fraction of a second - it looked subtly like a large creature or apparition. I felt scared (like, chills up my spine), and I stopped moving for a moment, but soon resumed moving forward knowing it wasn't something in the game (and it was never there all the other times I've been there).

So, I'd have to say that with the right combination of things in the environment and their placement - it could be possible to trick the person viewing it into seeing something else that isn't there. At some point you get used to seeing and dealing with the monsters. But you don't expect to see something like a dragon or a vicious apparition. Something that doesn't come after you - just staying in one spot... daring you to move. It'd be for a 'creep out' rather than a jump scare.
12-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Tetrafish - 12-30-2012, 09:42 AM