Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

(01-03-2013, 01:07 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: I Got Some Suggestions.
------
1. No Monster Music
- If you are chased by someone, is there a music?

2. Smart Monster's
- If a Monster saw you and you go to a room and hide in a closet, maybe the monster will search for you or something.

3. Random Spawn
- I think the monster's spawn should be random. If you are killed or play again, you know their location.
(EXAMPLE : First Playthrough : Grunt on Room IV
: Second Playthrough : Grunt on Room XI)
--------

Are they good?
Comment on your First Suggestion: Both Penumbra and Amnesia had music when a monster was nearby/chasing you. To add to the 'realism' of the game, that kind of music should be removed. In real life, music doesn't just pop out of nowhere when you're being chased (unless of course a radio or something was nearby and playing).

Comment on your Second Suggestion: I loved how smart the Penumbra enemies were, so I was surprised to see dumber versions in Amnesia 1. Making new enemies smart enough to check the closets and such would be excellent!

Comment on your Third Suggestion: This idea I hadn't thought of before. It would be scarier if the monster spawn was randomized in each gameplay and each reload.

All are great suggestions! Cool

EDIT: This post is my 600th! Smile Didn't think I'd hit this high this soon.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM by The Rock Worm.)
01-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by The Rock Worm - 01-05-2013, 08:23 AM