Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

Those ideas sound interesting indeed, but sometimes I wonder if some people have become a bit desensitized from playing too much Amnesia and especially from playing around with the level editor and custom stories. Wink
I have noticed, that every time we discuss scary monster/AI/whatever ideas, most people try to think of a way to make the game more difficult. Monsters that are harder to get away from, that can find and kill you easier, ways to trick the player into getting insta-killed... I can of course see, why that would be more interesting to someone who can get away from a grunt in his sleep and knows the entire AI behaviour so perfectly by now, that he's looking for a greater challenge.
But would it really be more atmospheric and most importantly - in the spirit of the original? Just some food for thought, not really a critique or anything Smile

(Btw, same thing goes for stuff like randomization imo - it only factors in for people who've already beaten the game. So it doesn't really make it scarier on the initial playthrough, it just helps to keep your interest for a bit longer.)
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM