Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Bonehead Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

I think something as simple as more variety in enemies would suffice. At least fifteen different types. Randomly decided as to what monster will be what within certain parameters. Frictional games has a great idea. Staring at monsters increases your chance of being caught. The less you see of them, the more disturbing they remain. Increasing the amount of monsters substantially would increase this effect even more. Maybe making it so certain monsters RARELY ever show up, meaning you never quite get a decent glimpse at them, has them remain very disturbing. Unlike now, with only 2 monster you can see.. I've gotten my fair share of good glimpses... they aren't as disturbing to me as they were when I first played.. back then I was terrified of THEM.. now It's just the chases that creep me out.

EDIT: Also. A better death. When I die in amnesia... My screen gently falls over and it tells me to try again. Back when dead space was scary, I feared death because I've seen first hand in that game what happens when those fuckers get you. You get mutilated. Amnesia... it's like they lay you down ever so gently after beating you to death.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013, 06:37 PM by Bonehead.)
05-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Bonehead - 05-17-2013, 06:35 PM