Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
SeanzBeanz Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

Possible Spolier****

I have to say the game is definitely close to perfection. However, i would have liked to have seen some more elaboration with the sanity meter and hallucinations.

For example:

* When the sanity meter reaches a higher level i would have liked to have seen some vivid hallucinations like monsters appearing and dispersing. This would make you very uneasy and you could never tell whether it was your imagination playing tricks on you, or the real thing.

* Also, some flashes on screen of some of the murders you commited. A quick on screen flash of you wielding a knife or torturing a victim. This would have gone very nicely when you later progress and discover the crimes you commited.

* In the morgue scene, i think if your sanity level was high, then maybe they should have had some of the corpses move, possibly even stand up and walk towards you. Or even just have their eyes open if you looked directly at one would have been scary enough.

* Although the torture scenes were very scary to listen to, i think it would have added to the atmosphere if you actualy experienced some of them. Not all, just some.

* Instead of the fleshy shadow just attacking you. I thought i would be cool if it actually latched on to you, some rapid mouse or button bashing to release you from it's grip as it slowly draws you in.

Those are a few ideas i have, i dont' want to go on because i feel the game has almost created the perfect balance. Maybe more frights would spoil the looming fear that something is about to happen.

All in all a beautifully created game, hats off to the dev's. I bought a copy for me and i'm buying one for my friend on payday Smile
11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by SeanzBeanz - 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM