Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Natural Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

- A greater element of monster randomness so people can't spoil it for themselves with walkthroughs or let's plays.

- You enter a room with a monster in restraints and are forced to pick up an item right next to it. The room suddenly caves in and you must clear debris from the door just as the monster is working to free itself.

- Like beanz mentioned, they could have punished us a little more with some intense side effects and hallucinations from sanity loss.

- A very long corridor with a monster at the other end which begins running towards you. You must solve a puzzle to open a door before it reaches you.I like working under pressure Wink A temporary split screen effect with the monster's perspective could be pretty intense, though perhaps not that easy to make.

- Lights go out, flicker for a second so you can see a monster close to you, then darkness.

- Creative use of mirrors.

- Better AI. I know this one is difficult, but other than the first water monster chase, I didn't come close to dying in the game. The chase music and experience is very intense, but other than the scripted events, almost every monster is easily evaded.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010, 02:46 AM by Natural.)
11-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Natural - 11-17-2010, 02:43 AM