Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
NPerrin Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

(11-25-2010, 06:36 PM)PvtLastClass Wrote: 5 seconds after the player finishes that moment, it would be pretty obvious to them that that was a very deliberate and constructed attempt to scare them

(11-26-2010, 12:57 PM)flcn27 Wrote: I agree. There's also a chance that after a while you'll learn when to expect these scary moments.

I don't know about you guys, but I had these exact feelings about Amnesia(the scene where the monster just disappears in front of you early on in the game, the monster appearing when you finish everything in the morgue, the fleshy growths appearing after an area's puzzles are solved, the many canned chase scenes...very obviously constructed). It didn't matter too much because it was still very scary, so I think that lots of these scripted ideas would still work out great. As far as learning when to expect them, by the end of the game I was feeling that I really had figured the monsters out and they weren't nearly as scary or threatening as before. Many times the classic gameplay trap "do something important, cue enemies" happened, too.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2010, 01:43 PM by NPerrin.)
11-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by NPerrin - 11-26-2010, 01:40 PM