Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

OH MAN, I've been waiting for this thread for a while. I've had this idea brewing for awhile in the back of my mind.

Imagine: You're in the 'morgue' part of the game. You're getting done extracting the antidote from the dead guy on the table. You've just heard a noise and you know a monster is near. You lock yourself in one of the rooms filled with dead bodies, and cower in the corner hoping it will go away. You avert your eyes from the lifeless pile of bodies... looking at them just makes you deeply uncomfortable. After 10-15 seconds of sitting in the corner waiting for the monster to leave, a slow noise like someone breathing out loudly catches your attention. You turn back to the pile and notice that one of them, the man on the top of the pile, is missing. Just then, you look up to the opposite corner of the room and see the dead man standing there, staring at you... breathing out slowly. After about 5 seconds of absolute terror, your vision tweaks and the man is back where he was, dead and lifeless on top of the pile. This would only happen if your sanity was low.

I'm going to give myself nightmares...

EDIT: Bottle Dog suggested having hallways and rooms change as you're walking through them, and I can't agree more. This was one of my favorite moments from Black Plague, and I'd love to see it return some day.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2010, 09:46 AM by Crabski.)
12-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Crabski - 12-01-2010, 09:30 AM