Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Firia Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

I really like the restraint idea I keep hearing about. But in the context of the game Amnesia, I don't see it happening ever. It's the Shadow, after all. There is no force that can capture it. So here's how I see the scene going down;

Daniel approaches a door with a window in it. He sees a few things; 1) a loot item OR an item to an earlier puzzle. 2) A door to an unknown part of the area. 3) The Grunt (the one that can see) Shadow.

The atmosphere is tense as usual, the door is unlocked, and the Shadow is hungry for flesh. The cling is held by rotting supports, and Daniel has a tiny bit of black powder. Daniel has a chance to be bold here. The puzzle works as follows;

1) Daniel sets powder, and ignites it. The blast is small enough to have adverse effects on the support system in the area, and cases an all-out-cave in in the local area. When the dust settles, Daniel gains entrance into the next room where-

2) The Shadow lays pinned under rubble, growling and shrieking VERY unnerving things. It seems pinned, though upset.

3) Daniel collects the item/flips the switch, and

4) The monster vanishes!

This next part can happen one of two ways-
5a) Daniel backtracks through the door he came in from, with the explosive collapse, since he knows this way is the way to the puzzle now that he has the puzzle piece. He takes a corner and BANG!! It's the Shadow! Daniel has to now spin around and blitz his way back though the collapsed room through the unknown door (which may be as little as a winding hall way ending in a door that was barred on this side leading to the area he needs to be for this puzzle)!

or

5b) Daniel takes the unknown door, and OMGWTFHOLYCRAP It's the Shadow! Like 5a, only Daniel has to blitz the way he caved in, dodging all the rubble he helped make, which serves to block his path now! He can use some of it to hinder the shadows chase, until he finds a place to hide.

6) Solve puzzle, advance.
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Firia - 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM