Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
NyteMyre Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

More randomness

If you play the game for a second time, you know where the monsters will spawn. I mentioned in another thread that I encountered a random water lurker in the sewers due to low sanity because i was screwing around. But I guess if you play normally, you don't get such low sanity in that part of the game and the encounter would be pretty rare.
I think it would be great if these kind of encounters would be more common. Not just with Waterlurkers, but also with the grunts.

Next thing is the lack of different enemies. You only have the:
- Water Lurker (which you only encounter in the Cellar Archives and randomly in the Cistern)
- The Grunt/Brute (which i count as the same enemy)
- The Shadow (which is more of an event then actually an enemy and was all but scary)
You quickly learn the patterns of the the Grunt/Brute since they use a very distinct "Here-I-come-you-better-hide-Growl" before they appear.
The shadow was also I disappointment actually. I was more thinking of an actual shadow-figure thats following you. Kinda like the "fog" in a scrapped version of RE4 (Video).

Last are the graphics. I know FrictionalGames is a small studio and I'm glad I could still play the game on my low system, but if were talking about what would make the game scarier it would be graphics. In my opinion, Resident Evil Remake has some of the best settings when it comes to a creepy environment. (Video)
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM by NyteMyre.)
01-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by NyteMyre - 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM