Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Sergiy Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Here are my ideas.

1) Personal Items on the "monsters" assuming they were once human.
for example seeing a bit of a torn sunday dress on one of the monsters would be extremely disturbing. Especially once you find out the truth.
This requires build-up of course.

2) Regarding mirrors, this could be a great sanity oppurtunity and without breaking immersion. When insane: reflecting Daniel as one of the monsters, or even a completely new monster would be not only scary, but also symbolic. Otherwise the mirror would be broken.

3) Sadness, after Penumbra I was expecting more sadness in this game, Penumbra made me feel pretty damn guilty, and upset me a lot. In a good way. For example the girl we kept hearing, if Daniel had spent most the time of his time insane by the time he reaches half game, he'd start hearing her talk to him, things like "Help me, Daniel" and "I'm near" leaving clues behind, until you get to the room where she died.
05-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Sergiy - 05-05-2011, 09:17 AM