Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Things that would have made Amnesia scarier
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier

Hmmm... this tread is certainly inspiring for custom story creators (i want to become one).
It's nice to get an insight of what makes people scared. If we analize them, all these scare "moments" and ideas break down to different main fear factors or main types of fear (unknown, suspense, surreal, dread etc.).
In the spirit of the thread, I would add a scene where there is an impending doom that you are expecting (you are chased relentlessly and cannot escape). You reach what seems like a dead end, but the thing has two directions from which it can appear.
I'll give a recurring childhood nightmare as an example. I was dreaming that I was followed by some horrid abomination. I managed to distract it and gain some distance. I hid behind a house, but I knew I was still being followed. The problem was that the monster could come after me from either the left side of the house or the right. I remember having my back against the house and turning my head frantically from left to right. I usually went mad from this and woke up in a total state of shock.
Something like this in Amnesia would drive me insane (more than what it has done), but I guess it would be a personal touch. People react quite differently to different situations.
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that would have made Amnesia scarier - by Leu Radu - 05-09-2011, 10:48 PM