Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Why is Daniel sometimes able to be pushed around / pushed through walls by objects?
ATDDFan Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Why is Daniel sometimes able to be pushed around / pushed through walls by objects?

I don't know if it's that. I think all the OP is doing is walking into the barrier and letting the object fall on him, and whether or not he clips through is dependant on if Daniel happens to be loaded with buggy physics. When I tested out the clip in Cellar Archives, I didn't need to crouch or jump on the times I got clipped through, I just walked over to the gate and dropped the box. It seems like the appearance of crouching is just an illusion caused by the box pushing Daniel down.

I've heard this bug is related to the one which causes objects to not be able to hit grunts and brutes. Sometimes those enemies will be in a physical state where when you throw something at them, instead of hitting and staggering them, it will just slide off them and maybe push them backward a little bit. Nobody knows what causes that either.
03-20-2020, 08:49 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Daniel sometimes able to be pushed around / pushed through walls by objects? - by ATDDFan - 03-20-2020, 08:49 PM