Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Constructive Feedback on Amensia
Smith14 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia

(01-06-2011, 12:07 PM)Lee Wrote: (Do the devs even read the forums, I wonder? Small studio, I know, but If I had my own indy game company, I'd make it a point to never read the forums of my own business. Smile The internet is a depressing place, and it's always centered around forums, in my experience.)

They do read the forums. I'm sure they read most of what people put on here too. The only things they reply to are tech help and some inquiries about their next game, though, it seems.

I hope they do, I believe any great company should be open to criticism.
That being said, I am confident frictional are planning to add many great features to their future titles. Amnesia seemed to be testing the waters with a FANTASTICALLY ORIGINAL gaming concept. Dark descent certainly felt like an amazing thrill ride (almost like being part of movie, or live-action novel), but I hope (and imagine) they will implement more gaming elements into the mix of their follow up survival horror games.

Things I'd love to see in the follow up title!!!

1) Higher (or at least adjustable) difficulty, Higher enemy A.I./capabilities Once you figured out enemy behavior and triggers, a lot of the previous thrill diminishesSad

2) Greater penalty for dying/incentive for not dying A nice way to put "survival" back in survival horror!

3)More adventure game elements, elaborated puzzle sequences Not necessarily more difficult or convoluted puzzles, but more emphasis on creative puzzle solving would of be a great direction for this sort of game to take. Especially some non-linear, optional puzzles.
Btw, I loved the multiple-solution aspect of amnesia, more of that pleaseSmile

3.5) More emphasis on open-world exploration/backtracking It would of been great to have the ability to backtrack to the entrance hall, backhall, prison, ect., and have the opportunity to find new puzzles and tasks as events in the game progressed. A non-linear or less linear experience would of been great. And it would add plenty of optional hours back into the title.

4) Achievements/higher replay value If limbo has achievements....Why not amnesia?Big Grin
it would be great to be rewarded for things such as not dying on high difficulty, or completing the game with without using collected oil (being dependent on oil stations),ect.
But please, leave the commentary! I'm actually going to play the game over again just for that in the near future!

Things I'd love NOT to see in a follow-up title
high-end cinematic scenes!!!
I love, love, love how amnesia presented the story. It left a lot to the imagination, and the incredible writers did a fantastic job making the scenes come to life,
Spoiler below!
torture scenes especially.
No need to dump money into such expenses.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011, 10:09 PM by Smith14.)
01-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Smith14 - 01-06-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Firia - 01-06-2011, 12:07 PM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Sexbad - 01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Sexbad - 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Smith14 - 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Shev - 01-06-2011, 09:56 PM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Sel - 01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by Smith14 - 01-08-2011, 02:24 AM
RE: Constructive Feedback on Amensia - by kailip - 01-08-2011, 01:14 AM