Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor Troubles
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Editor Troubles

Thanks for the reply.
I have a rather good understanding of what kind of flexibility the game and the tools aim to provide. I'm sorry if the question seems a bit unforgiving - I am aware that Frictional is a small team and can't accomplish every single thing one hopes for; however, to successfully use the tools and the script language, everything has to be documented. I know this takes time, so I'm asking when can this be expected? (If anyone can give an estimate, that is)
The HPL2 scripting language is not that much of a problem, since the functions are mostly listed, with comments where appropriate, and their correct usage and functionality can with little trouble be inferred from the script files that power Amnesia itself, especially if you know a thing or two about programming and application development to start with. It's the editors that give me significant trouble.

So, I'm not asking for anything to be rewritten: I'm asking for more information on how the various components of the system, as it exist now, are intended to be used. I'm under the impression that the team designed the game so that custom stories and "full conversion" mods are a possibility, but that the end result was not extensively tested (which is not unusual - it requires time and other resources that the small team might put to better use). If so, than there may exist some design flaws and other problems that might impact the intended flexibility, and these need to be exposed, in order for all this to work.

Other than that, I'm also interested in why the editors now and then store the path data using an absolute path, and can this be avoided?

P.S. BTW, you said "releasing/patching the tools" - I downloaded the tools from the wiki page, but i didn't notice any patch downloads. Are there any patches?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2011, 10:43 PM by TheGreatCthulhu.)
03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Editor Troubles - by TheGreatCthulhu - 03-04-2011, 09:15 PM
RE: Editor Troubles - by Nye - 03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
RE: Editor Troubles - by TheGreatCthulhu - 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
RE: Editor Troubles - by Nye - 03-04-2011, 11:39 PM
RE: Editor Troubles - by Srh420 - 03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
RE: Editor Troubles - by TheGreatCthulhu - 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
RE: Editor Troubles - by MrBigzy - 03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
RE: Editor Troubles - by TheGreatCthulhu - 03-31-2011, 12:59 AM
RE: Editor Troubles - by MrBigzy - 03-31-2011, 01:49 AM