Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!)
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!)

Overture

At any time during play did you...

...call Phillip an idiot for a) going to Greenland in the first place, b) wandering the wilderness with no shelter but that convenient mineshaft, or c) not bailing as soon as things started to get weird?
Oh yes. If he had any brainfunctions left he should've left at the latest when he saw the first dogs or the spider guy getting killed. Wait for the blizzard to pass and then run as far as he could from the hatch.

... cuss out the auto save when it saved at the worst possible moment?
For me there wasn't any bad moments with autosave.

... have to go back to an earlier save because you forgot something important?
Dunno about important, but sometimes I found myself from a new area before I had examined the previous ones completely. I went back to make sure I hadn't missed any items or notes.

... shout out loud for Red to shut up whenever he started yammering on at the wrong time?
Haha, I don't understand people who hate Red and Agrippa because they're so talkative. :--D For me their chatter was more than welcome and I was eager to hear more of stuff. I tend to emphatize a lot while playing games, watching movies or reading books.

... go from being annoyed by Red’s jaw flapping to welcoming it because it was the only friendly thing in the whole area?
Same as above. To me it wasn't annoying.

... get stuck on a puzzle, consult an internet walkthrough, and then feel like an idiot because the answer was so damned obvious?
Oh yes. Overture's puzzles were luckily quite easy but in Black Plague I was stuck every now and then and I started to feel pretty stupid.

... wish you hadn’t turned the generator on?

Well, yes and no. I don't like darkness too much but in these games I've learned to like it since it gives you shelter from monsters.

... wonder if the dogs regained their health whenever they ran off screen because the one you were trying to kill just wouldn’t die?
I'd rather not to kill any of the dogs. Main reason for this may be because I'm a dog person to the core. I like them so much that I don't want to kill them even if they're mutated zombie dogs. The another reason for not killing them is the thrill. They're more scary if they're alive. Plus I don't have a compulsional need to kill stuff even if I'm given an opportunity to do it.

... crouch on top of a crate or barrel with pickaxe in hand and get weird looks from family/friends/roommates as you called “Here puppy, puppy, puppy...”?
Uhh... no. :'D

... say out loud “Hey mutt, I’m right here!” to a dog that you were hoping to kill as it walked right past you without even seeing you?
Nope.

... got weird looks (and the occasional concerned sounding “Are you alright?”) from friends/family/roommates when you fell off the barrel or crate and were shouting and cussing at Phillip because he just wouldn’t jump back up there?
Nnno I usually play horror games alone.

... wonder after running from a giant worm “What the hell am I doing here?”?

That. And "Why the hell am I going deeper?" And "What the f*** was that?"

... feel physically ill and try to stop the incinerator?
Not ill exactly, but I had a not-so-pleasant feeling like someone was squeezing my stomach. And yes I tried to stop it.

... feel sorry for Red when you learn just how long he had been down there?
I was kind of relieved that his pain was over but I still I could've punched him because the bastard was my only friend and he left me there alone. *shaking a fist*

... feel even more sorry for Red once you learned that he had been a child when he was stranded down there?

No. Because I was too busy to be furious at those adults who had let him to go there in the first place.

... get steamed at least a half dozen times in the Refinery?
ROFL. Omg I've probably never died so many times at the same spot in any game. :'D I knew how it's supposed to be done but my memory is just a mess when I'm nervous.

... try to flee from a dog and end up running right smack into it instead?
Yes, countless of times. And every time my heart almost jumped out from my mouth.

...accidentally set yourself on fire during the spider chase?
Haha yeah. Lol. /facepalm

(If you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: “This isn’t the Refinery.”?

Yeah. I was thinking of Amnesia's refinery until I remembered that this isn't Amnesia, dumbass.

... deliberately blow yourself up with the explosive just for laughs?
No. I don't get kicks from killing myself on purpose. However, if I accidentally kill myself in some stupid way I usually lol.

... jump down in those large crevices towards the end just for kicks?
Definitely NO. I hate heights. Both irl and games. D:

Black Plague

... wonder who's nightmare inspired that weird ass dream sequence thing?
Actually I was thinking "Whooa, Philip's head is so messed up. Get a grip, man!"

... chuckle the first time you saw an Infected?
Chuckle? I was whimpering behind a fallen table and hoping he'd go away.

... find the voice of the Infected humorous?
No. It's creepy as hell.

... laugh hysterically when you died during a tense moment?
Usually these situations feel really stupid because of my panicking so yes.

... think sarcastically that the Archaic sounded like a great company to work for?
Nnoo, I don't like any lab stuff. I've watched too much Resident Evil. And I'm scared of hospitals etc. too. D:

... grin like a maniac even as you were trying to stay alive because you were having such a good time?
Yeah. At the same time when a tuurngait was chasing me I was thinking "This game is so frigging awesome. <3"

... chuckle at some of the things that Clarence said, even as you imagined yourself wrapping your fingers around his throat and squeezing?
Now THIS is the first time I've hoped someone to shut up. Probably my most used phrase during Black Plague was "Shut up, Clarence. Shut_the f***_up."

... let out a screech/shriek/scream when the body damn near fell on your head while climbing the scaffolding?
Yes, but immediately after I started to laugh hysterically because it reminded me of a certain song. (;

... freeze to death while wandering around outside?
Nope. I didn't even know you can freeze to death until I watched let's play where someone else died.

... at any point, say something to the effect of: "Oh you've got to be kidding me!" upon seeing what diabolical hoops you were going to have to jump through to get what you needed?
Many times, but worst was probably the light/shadow tunnel in kennels. My reaction after discovering I have to go there: "HAHAHAHAHAHA. No." :<

... after jumping through said hoops have to take a minute to let your hands stop shaking?
Mostly yes. And wondering how the hell I did that, and boasting to myself that ohohoo I made it. Cool

... spend a few minutes just staring in mute horror at Amabel?
I swear if someone had been with me back then, they'd have got an awesome picture of my face. My eyes were probably like plates and my mouth was open. After I had done that for a while I yelled "Clarence you son of a b****!"

... give Clarence multiple death threats? Bonus points if you said them out loud.
Yes yes yes. And after leaving Amabel's place there was a very little room for fear. I was just so mad and the only thing I was interested in was getting rid of Clarence.

(If you plays The Sims, Minecraft, or any other game that allows you to build stuff from the ground up)
... start thinking of what you would need to do to build the Shelter in your chosen game?
I play the Sims3 and I have a habit of creating some of my favourite game/book/movie characters in there who look mostly like human. However, it would be perfect only if you could also create some more non-human characters. Oh how awesome it would be if you had some grunts and brutes as virtual pets. xD

~
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011, 02:15 PM by Carrna.)
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!) - by eiahmon - 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
RE: Penumbra Questionnaire (SPOILERS!!) - by Carrna - 12-05-2011, 02:05 PM