Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Collaboration
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Custom Story Collaboration

Excellent and thanks for the interest, and tips, so far!

@palistov: I definitely will, and seeing how wonderful and supportive the community here on the forums is, i'll definitely turn to all of you in my moments of panic or brilliance to get or give help when I can. It's good to know everyone is supportive and helpful and awesome. The more I work with the editor and script the more I learn... and the more I realize I don't know. Ha.

@Melamoto: Always good to have anyone on board who's willing to lend a hand. I'd say you're probably more skilled than even I am with the engine and editor, then. For now, i'd definitely love to have your input for some of the stories as well as implementation of the tales themselves into the workings of Amnesia itself. Primarily how we can make use of monsters, areas, and items throughout.

@Mapsnacker: I'd love to hear your story idea if you're willing to share it. As this entire thread will be a collaboration for one or more maps, it's always good to have some healthy discussion going about multiple possibilities. As for level making, it's good to know you're willing to help out with that aspect too! I don't want any one person to be solely responsible for all the levels everywhere, but I definitely don't want to discourage participation. I'd definitely love to discuss implementation of things into the engine itself and have a bit of experienced feedback that can say "Yeah, that can be done" or "You're insane, this game can't do that".

Right now I think we should all plot out the custom story itself and figure it out here so that it is available for anyone in the future to read through and know the situation in case they want to jump on board and help in the middle of the project. I mean it when I say I want this to be a collaborative effort.

In order to give the option for players to be completely unaware of the story as it is being developed, we'll have to spoiler tag a lot of the content portions... But it will still be here!

I just hope i'm making sense with my intentions.

Before I forget, here are some story ideas that have run through my head:

"Mad Science" - Our Hero wakes up within a cage that is surrounded by cages in what appears to be an abandoned lab. The levels would be primarily stone and the cages would be the prevalent feature in every area. At first, it all seems abandoned. But as our Hero makes his way through, he realizes that there are other 'experiments' that are still alive. Some are locked up, some have broken free. One thing is for sure... they're dangerous. Do you, the hero, flee in terror? Do you give up your life to take down the monsters with you? Or do you live up to your name and become a hero and take down every monster AND live to tell the tale?

"The Lighthouse" - After a friend's message convinces you to visit his newest purchase of 'modern living', you find yourself at the top of a lighthouse after just having stepped off of an elevator. The area around you is impressively furnished and the lighthouse itself is impressively massive. You soon remember, however, that your friend has been dead for years and the elevator that you just stepped from has been broken and, just like the lighthouse you're in, has grown old and broken with time. How did you get here, and why have your memories betrayed you to this extent?

"The Fun House" - A pure mess of disturbing rooms and experiences. A hall of mirrors(?). A corridor of doors. Rooms with twisted floors and rooms with twisted walls. Various carnival pranks await you throughout this fun house, and you can't wait to leave; especially because you can't remember why you entered.

"Deep Ocean" - Science has brought the miracle of living beneath the sea to fruition. The rocks around you allow constant streams of water to drip through and fill the bottom of every corridor. The ocean itself refuses to be kept out and continues its relentless pressure to break every wall in on you. Despite this, you find your new submerged home to be paradise. The sound of water is like music to your ears. You think you'll likely be dead before the water fills your home enough or the structure collapses around you; that is until you realize that the ocean has something in mind for you that is undoubtedly lethal. (ie: The ocean itself manifests the monster within your home to chase you down)

"Clock Tower Engineer" - After recently hiring an engineer to keep the town's clock tower in peak condition, a strange groaning noise seems to accompany every toll of the clock's bells. Upon investigating the gear rooms of the tower, you find the engineer dead; killed while doing his duties. Not wanting to face any legal issues, you decide to cover up his death and you bury him in the cellar of the clock tower. Several weeks later, the groaning returns. This time accompanied by the scratching of something across the wooden walls and floors of the tower... and the grave you buried the engineer in is empty.

Discuss / Thoughts / Anything? Go wild.
04-13-2011, 03:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by palistov - 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Melamoto - 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 03:23 AM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-13-2011, 04:39 AM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM