Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Collaboration
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Custom Story Collaboration

In that case, should we perhaps have a very limited amount of information here and proceed with the bulk of actual planning and development in a more private manner?

As for the lighthouse: I havn't had the opportunity to toy with the limitations of the level sizes themselves in the editor, but is there a limit to how high we can build? I certainly feel that the prison and sewer (official) levels are a prime example of how large levels can be... I assume there are downsides to making larger levels? (ie: longer loading times)

As for your story snippet, I'm already geared and ready to play that map in a heartbeat. It gives me some nice reminders of the terror that made the original plot so wonderful. The unknown awaits. Hopefully that statue isn't of Cthulhu or anything (Lawsuit! D: ...). The only question I have is of the length of the notes / voice recordings. Would that entire section be something that is voiced over while the player explores, or would it be in a single note, or spread out over a series of notes? I also find the careful omission of the player name to be interesting.

Off-topic but on the topic of custom stories: Has anyone pondered having the "player character" be female? I recall that one story did this, but there is still the issue that it uses Daniel's gasps and labored breathing when frightened. This could make for quite the nice change (if possible) in a custom story.

Edit: I do hope that the content from the Justine Trials (released today) will be available via some manner other than Steam soon; because I can't use Steam. It looks like the lead character may in fact be female(EDIT: No, i'm wrong. Probably male due to a "Monsieur" at the start of a note)... but more important than that is that there is a new enemy monster (EDIT: Ha ha; i'm wrong again. Two new enemy monsters!).
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 08:59 PM by SkyeGU.)
04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by palistov - 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Melamoto - 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 03:23 AM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-13-2011, 04:39 AM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM