Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[maybe invalid] Turning wheels - very hard without cursor...
hiben Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [maybe invalid] Turning wheels - very hard without cursor...

(04-26-2011, 06:03 PM)Tottel Wrote: You don't need a cursor, and you don't need to "close the loop". Smile
All you have to do is move your mouse somewhat in a circle.

Yeah... but *I do not use a mouse*!

I am using a trackball and moving your thumb to make something you cannot see move in a circle is not so easy...

But I don't care anymore:
My SDL hack is working and I now have the normal OS cursor when I click the left button on my trackball (or mouse, if I wish).

It would be nice if frictional would make it an user option to show a cursor for manipulating but it is totally up to them.

If anyone is interested in the SDL hack (and uses Linux):
It is just a small C shared library, source here:
http://pastebin.com/6q6keuTS

This is not a permanent modification to the game. I just exploit the LD_PRELOAD mechanism that allows you to override function calls from programs. When Amnesia switches off the mouse, this code actually installs a timer that checks every 10ms if the left mouse button is pressed. if so, it switches on the OS cursor, else it disables the OS cursor. This thing also works for other SDL games; tested on Supertux ;-)

Naturally this kind of modification may cause all kinds of trouble for your system. Only use it if you know what this means. I take no responsibility for any lost savegames, burning computers, sick cats or anything else that happens while you use it.

Have Fun!
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [maybe invalid] Turning wheels - very hard without cursor... - by hiben - 04-26-2011, 06:52 PM