The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marwick Farm -- WIP -- a few screens
genmills Offline

Threads: 7
Marwick Farm -- WIP -- a few screens

Hi guys, some of you have seen me posting on the forums demonstrating my absurd lack of knowledge on scripting, modeling, etc. Big Grin

So first off, thanks so much to everyone helping! I will probably call on you much more before I finish my story!

Ok, on to the good stuff... Here is a little preview of what's to come in my custom story, Marwick Farm.

Description:
Spoiler below!

You are William Middleton. After the death of your great uncle, Eli Marwick, you have been asked to manage his farm on behalf of your widowed great aunt Elizabeth. You set out for the estate, and after several days of travel, you arrive at a small town. Though it is already evening, you decide to press on and rest once you reach the farm...

Here are just a couple Screenshots. I made the skybox myself as well.
Spoiler below!

.jpg   Screen_Screenshot_006.jpg (Size: 415.35 KB / Downloads: 199)

Spoiler below!

.jpg   Screen_Screenshot_007.jpg (Size: 411.1 KB / Downloads: 195)

Spoiler below!

.jpg   Screen_Screenshot_008.jpg (Size: 382.24 KB / Downloads: 181)

Spoiler below!

.jpg   Screen_Screenshot_010_2.jpg (Size: 189.64 KB / Downloads: 212)

My goal is to create something so fresh, that players won't know what they can and cannot expect, making the game much scarier to play! That's why I am choosing not to reveal too much at this point.

Features:
Large outdoor map(s)
Custom models/Altered models/creative uses of existing models
Intriguing storyline
All original music--composed and professionally recorded by me!

(on an side note, you can check out a lot of my music stuffs at youtube.com/genmills Am I allowed to shamelessly promote myself? Big Grin)

Voice acting
Fun and creative puzzles
As with any custom story, new scares!
No glitching surfaces! (I hate when those happen. Come on people, just move your objects .001 over! Smile)

And most importantly in my opinion... secrets passages/chambers/compartments! Can't get enough of those! (Don't worry, there really aren't that many haha)

Sorry, that's all for now. I don't have a completion date in mind. It depends on how much time I have. It's probably considerably slower because I am learning everything about this as I go. Honestly, the story seems like it will only be 15-20 mins, but I really want to extend it, so I'm working on that. Another thing I was wondering about is how well people can run the really large outdoor map. I built my computer so that it can basically stand up to anything, so I don't really know how it will do on other ones...

Anyway, I hope this wets your appetites! I will post updates in this thread, and probably the final release as well. I'll try to clearly mark the updates so you know if there is something new.

I'd love to hear any comments/ideas/etc.

Thanks!
04-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Marwick Farm -- WIP -- a few screens - by genmills - 04-30-2011, 07:33 AM