Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should i add weapons(they're all kinda weak
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
NO! No weapons for me!
48.15%
39 48.15%
Yes, add some weak old guns.
16.05%
13 16.05%
Yes, but only add melee weapons!
7.41%
6 7.41%
No, the addition of traps is good enough for me!
23.46%
19 23.46%
Yes, (post a reply with your idea)
4.94%
4 4.94%
Total 81 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia

UDK is a development kit for UE3.
Bioshock INfinite uses UE3.
Unity is more used for web games. I've tested it some time ago and I can say I prefer UDK by far. More versatile, maybe less organized, but god I love these material editors, kismet and cascade.
It's up to you to decide which one is best for you.
Source is also a good engine and you can develop good horror mods for it. A good example that shows his power is Zeno Clash. It's easy to code on it, VHE is easy to handle you have the tool to create lip sync, it uses c++.
Another engine that's coming up and I think that has a free version is Gamebryo, DMM has been implemented to it and is one of the most up to date and cool features. Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Oblivion use that engine.
Cryengine is another TOp engine, at the level of UE3 it's probably the one with best visuals, but it always needs an awesome computer for you to be able to use it. It's also very good for cinematography.
It's the engine that Crysis series used(2 for Crysis and Warhead and 3 for Crysis 2) and Far Cry and it was developed by Crytek.

There are others like Panda3d, Torque3d, Glow but I really recommend the ones I've talked about before.

most Indie Games don't go for Top engines though because they give too many features that you won't use because you simply don't have a team to use tehm all. In your case I'd keep Source. If you already know how to handle UDK, Gamebryo or other better free engine, then go for it because it'll be worth it. I only recommended UDK because I'm very used to it and I find it easy to deal with, but it may not be like that for you.

Good luck with your project anyway.

PS: Coding an engine is not something easy. it's very hard. You can look at the HPL1 engine which isn't a good engine and is not done by anyone who decides to do it, even more if that person has no experience.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 03:53 AM by nemesis567.)
06-23-2011, 03:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - by nemesis567 - 06-23-2011, 03:48 AM