Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spencer Mansion
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Spencer Mansion / Need help with level door script

Is an underscore really necessary for keys? Because it made absolutely no difference. I even replaced the '1' with an 'a' and it changed nothing. I also added an underscore to the name of the door, changing it to 'mhbedroom_door' but it was no use. No matter what I do to the script and names of the entities, it just doesn't work. I even changed the script so that the key would unlock a different level door but I got the same result.

I match everything correctly, but the game insists that the key 'can't be used this way' every time I test it. Either the world is wrong, or someone isn't telling me everything to make this work. The names match up and the script has no errors, which means something else is missing and I have on idea what.

However. Is there an alternate scripting method I can use? Like... could I create a little Script area around the doorknob, and that's where you have to use the key on to unlock the door? Would that work?
07-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Spencer Mansion - by AlexxShadenk777 - 07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
RE: Spencer Mansion / Need help with level door script - by AlexxShadenk777 - 07-16-2011, 12:50 AM