Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia - problems with getting scared?
Istrebitel Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia - problems with getting scared?

I think the "prison" area i SO scary for the very reason i outlined in my post!

1) You got no safe door behind you, no safe spot to back in. You cannot advance with a feeling "i'm fine, whatever happens, i just run here and click the door".

2) You can easilly get into a dead end because you will run from one monster and get into a room you cannot hide in or another monster and they will rape you badly.

3) Monsters are VERY real in that level (i think? i didnt play it yet only saw some little parts in vids)

4) You are always on intersections meaning monsters can come from any direction, and you always have doors which you know when you open may trigger something (and you dont know where it is safe to run to now). And often the intersection is lit meaning you DO NOT see what is to the sides, but you KNOW monster will see you at once since you are standing in the light and you cannot do ANYTHING about it.

5) Being scripted doesn't help to remove fear here because if in a room or simple level you can plan your escape and then trigger something that can spawn a monster, but here you know that even if the script happens you are unsafe anyway and dont know what to do.

So its just the area where they didnt make almost any of these mistakes (or how do you call it, maybe not mistakes, heh, who am i to judge, design choices maybe?) and that made it THE most horrifying moment in the whole game history that people cannot make themselves go through even after they have done it and know where and what happens.
07-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia - problems with getting scared? - by Istrebitel - 07-06-2011, 06:46 AM