Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia - problems with getting scared?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia - problems with getting scared?

Quote:1) Instant-travel doors between levels.

I totally agree that the "safety doors" are an immersion breaker, things could have been a lot more efficiently handled, like trapping the enemy and preventing it from advancing towards you.

Quote:2) There is always a way out.

I have to disagree with this one and that's because there always is a way. No matter what you choose to do, you should never ever be prevented from advancing, your choices should only alter the pace and difficulty in which you advance in the game.

Quote:2a) Mind your own business, you will never screw up your game.

Design my friend, design. No one would want to play a game that would unexpectedly cut the game for you and force you to restart. Not a single person would play through the game because it's tedious. It's tedious to restart the game again and again just because the game designers decided to cut the game at random occasions and troll your *ss. That's not good game design, that's total rubbish design.

Quote:2b) Often, there is only ONE WAY to do it.

Again, because a game should never end abruptly. Games are made to tell a story, not to ruin it for you. Cutting the game in the middle of it will never give you a satisfactory feeling, only annoy you.

Quote:5) Being caught/killed/imprisoned via script which is part of storyline and is unavoidable (variation - have to die to continue the storyline)

Because that's part of the story, sorry bro but take it or leave it. It's not a real design flaw, it's just that you don't like it.

Quote:6) Death toll is nonexistant.

I totally agree with you on this one. My problem is not that you respawn very close to where you died, it's that you get rewarded for dying. Dying should make things harder, not making things easier. You screwed up, try doing it different this time.

Thank you.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia - problems with getting scared? - by eliasfrost - 07-08-2011, 07:50 PM