Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Similar to Cellar archives
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
[SOLVED] Similar to Cellar archives

Hello again. As part of my custom story, I want to do something similar to the infamous Cellar Archives section of the main game. However, instead of having it trigger upon entering a script area, is there a way to have it trigger upon finishing reading a note? Also, how did they manage to set water active/inactive?

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011, 07:52 PM by Bennick.)
08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2
RE: Similar to Cellar archives

Well, frictional did their cellar_archives event by making two identical rooms, then using the TeleportPlayer(); command to teleport into the room filled with water.

Using a PlayerInteractCallback on the note will yield the needed effect that you want.

Insanity. Static.
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Similar to Cellar archives

(08-30-2011, 05:28 PM)Juby Wrote: Well, frictional did their cellar_archives event by making two identical rooms, then using the TeleportPlayer(); command to teleport into the room filled with water.

Using a PlayerInteractCallback on the note will yield the needed effect that you want.

Hmm... then why can't I find two Cellar Archives maps in their maps folder?
(08-30-2011, 05:42 PM)Bennick Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 05:28 PM)Juby Wrote: Well, frictional did their cellar_archives event by making two identical rooms, then using the TeleportPlayer(); command to teleport into the room filled with water.

Hmm... then why can't I find two Cellar Archives maps in their maps folder?

AH! I JUST FOUND IT! How did I not spot that hallway before?? XD sorry bout that. and thanks for the playerinteract callback tip! Big Grin

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM by Bennick.)
08-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Find