Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Random Error!
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
Huge Random Error!

I just worked on the level editing of one of the maps for my story, did not change the script file at ALL, and all of a sudden, that particular map does not want to load and crashes the game. Here is the error message:

FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file 'custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/maps/C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/Maps/Library.hps'!
ExecuteString (1,2): ERR: Expected ';'
ExecuteString (1,1): ERR: No matching signatures to 'OnLeave()'
main (1,206):ERR : No matching signatures to 'GiveSanityBoost(const float)'

Here is my script file that used to work perfectly and has not been changed since it worked:

void OnStart()
{
FadeOut(0.0f);
FadeIn(15.0f);
PlayMusic("10_amb.ogg", true, 1.0f, 3.0f, 0.0f, true);
}

void OnEnter()
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "door_level_wood_close.snt", "secretbookcase", 0.0f, false);
GiveSanityBoost(80.0f);
}

Somebody please help me?

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
08-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: Huge Random Error!

(08-30-2011, 06:37 PM)Bennick Wrote: I just worked on the level editing of one of the maps for my story, did not change the script file at ALL, and all of a sudden, that particular map does not want to load and crashes the game. Here is the error message:

FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file 'custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/maps/C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/Maps/Library.hps'!

Here is my script file that used to work perfectly and has not been changed since it worked:

void OnStart()
{
FadeOut(0.0f);
FadeIn(15.0f);
}

void OnEnter()
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "door_level_wood_close.snt", "secretbookcase", 0.0f, false);
GiveSanityBoost(80.0f);
}

Somebody please help me?

You should never have the "f" after integers, for they are for floats, or whole numbers with a decimal and pieces of whole numbers. Even if it were a float, it still wouldn't be needed.

Try this:

void OnStart()
{
     FadeOut(0);
     FadeIn(15);
     PlayMusic("10_amb.ogg", true, 1, 3, 0, true);
     PlaySoundAtEntity("", "door_level_wood_close.snt", "secretbookcase", 0, false);
     GiveSanityBoost(80);
}

08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

(08-30-2011, 06:41 PM)Kyle Wrote:
(08-30-2011, 06:37 PM)Bennick Wrote: I just worked on the level editing of one of the maps for my story, did not change the script file at ALL, and all of a sudden, that particular map does not want to load and crashes the game. Here is the error message:

void OnStart()
{
FadeOut(0.0f);
FadeIn(15.0f);
}

void OnEnter()
{
GiveSanityBoost(80.0f);
}

Somebody please help me?

You should never have the "f" after integers, for they are for floats, or whole numbers with a decimal and pieces of whole numbers. Even if it were a float, it still wouldn't be needed.

Try this:

void OnStart()
{
     FadeOut(0);
     FadeIn(15);
     PlayMusic("10_amb.ogg", true, 1, 3, 0, true);
     PlaySoundAtEntity("", "door_level_wood_close.snt", "secretbookcase", 0, false);
     GiveSanityBoost(80);
}

I got the exact same error message except that instead of the number 206 before the "GiveSanityBoost" portion, I got a 191 and instead of "const float" I got "const uint". Now what? lol
______________________________________________________________________________________________

this time I copied the code EXACTLY as you put it, and the 191 changed to a 171.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Fixed one float that I missed and now 171 is 168

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011, 06:56 PM by Bennick.)
08-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Is that all of your script? It appears you must have messed something up really bad. :/

08-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

(08-30-2011, 06:54 PM)Kyle Wrote: Is that all of your script? It appears you must have messed something up really bad. :/

That's all of it so far, I'm still working on it. The only command I've used that I haven't before is GiveSanityBoost which used to work fine. It's as though there was some kind of update to Amnesia such that it won't take that command anymore.

Unless you meant is that all of my script for the entire story, in which case no. there is a map that goes before this one, but it runs absolutely completely fine. It's only when I get to this one, the Library, that it says something is wrong with its script file.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM by Bennick.)
08-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

Umm... can somebody help me?

08-31-2011, 03:04 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

Pay attention to this line: main (1,206):ERR : No matching signatures to 'GiveSanityBoost(const float)'

It's saying that GiveSanityBoost(const float) isn't a valid function, which it isn't. GiveSanityBoost() takes in no parameters (You cant put anything in between the ( and the ).

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
08-31-2011, 03:35 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Kyle Wrote:You should never have the "f" after integers, for they are for floats, or whole numbers with a decimal and pieces of whole numbers. Even if it were a float, it still wouldn't be needed.

Uh... the function prototypes specify floats for the majority of parameters. If he wants to be semantically correct, then his original parameters are correct. Putting 5 instead of 5.0f gives you the illusion that the function is asking for a int rather than a float and it leads to bad practices. Even if the number you want is a int, you always put 5.0f for example. It makes readability much easier, and it makes your code more structured.

I'd also take a look at this... "custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/maps/C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/Maps/Library.hps"

08-31-2011, 03:44 AM
Find
Bennick Offline

(08-31-2011, 03:44 AM)xiphirx Wrote:
Kyle Wrote:You should never have the "f" after integers, for they are for floats, or whole numbers with a decimal and pieces of whole numbers. Even if it were a float, it still wouldn't be needed.

Uh... the function prototypes specify floats for the majority of parameters. If he wants to be semantically correct, then his original parameters are correct. Putting 5 instead of 5.0f gives you the illusion that the function is asking for a int rather than a float and it leads to bad practices. Even if the number you want is a int, you always put 5.0f for example. It makes readability much easier, and it makes your code more structured.

I'd also take a look at this... "custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/maps/C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories/Homicide and Redemption/Maps/Library.hps"

Yeah, that file path looked very strange. any way to assess that?

08-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

I'd look into your config files.

08-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Find