Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Following an entity
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7
Following an entity

Okay so I scripted a part where the player goes inactive and is supposed to look at a body falling down but he's not really tracing it here but looks at where it is at exactly at the moment he's supposed to and doesn't move. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Oh and how can I make the player's sanity suddenly drop down and make him shiver a bit moving the screen somewhat
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2011, 05:51 PM by GoDl1Kelol.)
09-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Following an entity

Maybe add some timers and each second (or half a second) make the player look at the entity again?

As for the sanity I think there is a function for SetPlayerSanity (not exact, but something like that) and there are quite a few screen effects listed at the wiki.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
09-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Following an entity

A falling object will always fall down at the same speed if nothing gets in its way. Just keep adjusting the speed multiplier for the look-at function until perfected. This, however, requires two script areas, one where the entity pops out from and one where it lands. When the player looks at the one on top, have the game switch to the one below.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Website Find