Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Evil Infects*Update No.03*(Make'n Progress)
LowFire3 Offline

Threads: 4
Evil Infects*Update No.03*(Make'n Progress)

I started this over a year ago and pretty much stopped making it due to other interests. Although, after playing other custom stories, I decided to pick it back up again.

The main goal of this project is to make the longest custom story possible without the loss of quality scares and atmosphere. So far, I'd say its far from perfect.

UPDATE 10/7/11

Sorry I haven't updated for a very long time. I've been pretty preoccupied for the past few weeks and I found myself revising what I had so far a lot more than what I was expecting. But fortunately, this project is not dead and I am still working hard on it. Smile

I've been revising the Eastern Castle quite a bit for the past few weeks. After watching a few people's LP's of the demo, I was able to pick out a lot of problems based on their experiences with it. After seeing these LP's, I've become very dissatisfied with the first part of this custom story, so I decided to put it under heavy revision. Right now, i'm pretty much done with revising the eastern castle, and it has changed enough to where it is considerably different from what it was in the demo, so expect to be caught off guard a few times when you play the finished version. Tongue

One of the biggest problems with the Eastern Castle to me was the lighting. I started this custom story the second I got my hands on the level editor, so I was pretty inexperienced and didn't know how to use point lights. When I thought that I was finished with the Eastern Castle, I soon learned that there was a way to attach lamps to point lights, and, well... you can imagine how disappointed I felt. I would now have to revisit all of the areas that i've already done and implement point lights, and I knew that was going to be a very long and repetitive process. I could have left it the way it was, but I knew it's never good to leave behind sloppy work, so I went ahead and started putting in better lighting.

I was planning on only doing lighting, but as I went along, I started noticing other things that I cringed at, such as bare areas, clipping problems, ect, so I soon found myself doing other things besides lighting. The LP's that were done on the demo have also caused me to consider changing a few of the scares and the design of the levels, so I was now doing full revision of the Eastern Castle.

It took a long time, but overall, I can say that i'm glad that went though the effort.

[Image: light1.jpg]

I'm also trying to think of a good story line for this custom story. I went in making this without even the thought of developing some sort of plot, and towards some point in development, I quickly threw something together once realizing that it wouldn't be a good thing if there was no purpose in wandering a castle infested with an unspeakable evil. Yes, very big mistake on my part.

Hopefully, when i'm done with this, it will be worth playing. A great thank you for those who are interested in this custom story. Smile

Moddb Page: [url]http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-evil-infects[/url]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 02:24 AM by LowFire3.)
09-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Project that I started a long time ago

Finished it. That was long run.. nice job with that!

Spoiler below!
Puzzles are nice at some points, atmosphere was nice and dark all the time, some lights just not fit in some places, enemys was very scary and not rushed ones, sounds are in time and that place timed nicely.

Overall 7.5: Very nice so far, liked it a lot!

Story: 8/10
Lightning 7/10
Puzzles 7/10
Enemys: 8/10
Design: 8/10
Atmosphere 9/10

Good job dude! Big Grin

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2011, 12:52 AM by HumiliatioN.)
09-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Find
LowFire3 Offline

RE: Project that I started a long time ago

(09-07-2011, 12:51 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Finished it. That was long run.. nice job with that!

Spoiler below!
Puzzles are nice at some points, atmosphere was nice and dark all the time, some lights just not fit in some places, enemys was very scary and not rushed ones, sounds are in time and that place timed nicely.

Overall 7.5: Very nice so far, liked it a lot!

Story: 8/10
Lightning 7/10
Puzzles 7/10
Enemys: 8/10
Design: 8/10
Atmosphere 9/10

Good job dude! Big Grin
Thank you very much on the feedback.

On the subject on the lighting, I would like to know where you felt the lighting was out of place. Are there any specific places where you feel there shouldn't be light or any places where you think the lighting needs to be fixed?

Also, if you have any suggestions, I would like to know what they are.

I'm glad you enjoyed it by the way. Smile

[Image: at_7728609.png]
09-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Evil Infects (Old Project)

Let me start off by saying this castle is EPIC! One of the largest and most haunting castles to be featured in a custom story. The downside to having a castle this big is backtracking and then getting lost. When I played through it I did quite a bit of said backtracking and at first, got lost, but after getting familiar with the castle I could breeze through and know exactly where I was going. The lighting in some parts of the castle was amazing and really helped build the atmosphere. The storyline was interesting and a lot of my questions had gone unanswered, so I am eager to see where the story is heading Big Grin

Spoiler below!
The scares could of gradually got more and more frightening, it didn't start off very subtle. Some examples would be torches/candles being blown out by a breeze, sounds of footsteps around you, something crashing in the distance. Hope these suggestions have been helpful, its just a bit weird when one of the first scares is the classic disappearing monster

Overall though, this is one of the most enjoyable and longest custom stories to be released in a while and its only a beta, good luck with this and any other project you take on Smile

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2011, 11:21 AM by Tenno.)
09-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

hmm, i"m stuck Huh
Spoiler below!

found one chemical in library, second chem. and container - in cellar, so where"s third chemical?
and what for crowbar?
09-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Find
LowFire3 Offline

[WIP]Evil Infects (Old Project)

(09-07-2011, 08:16 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: hmm, i"m stuck Huh
Spoiler below!

found one chemical in library, second chem. and container - in cellar, so where"s third chemical?
and what for crowbar?

Spoiler below!

You use the crowbar to open a door in the library. Once you do that, you'll be able to reach the third chemical

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 05:15 PM by LowFire3.)
09-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Find
LowFire3 Offline

(09-07-2011, 11:18 AM)Tenno Wrote: Let me start off by saying this castle is EPIC! One of the largest and most haunting castles to be featured in a custom story. The downside to having a castle this big is backtracking and then getting lost. When I played through it I did quite a bit of said backtracking and at first, got lost, but after getting familiar with the castle I could breeze through and know exactly where I was going. The lighting in some parts of the castle was amazing and really helped build the atmosphere. The storyline was interesting and a lot of my questions had gone unanswered, so I am eager to see where the story is heading Big Grin

Spoiler below!
The scares could of gradually got more and more frightening, it didn't start off very subtle. Some examples would be torches/candles being blown out by a breeze, sounds of footsteps around you, something crashing in the distance. Hope these suggestions have been helpful, its just a bit weird when one of the first scares is the classic disappearing monster

Overall though, this is one of the most enjoyable and longest custom stories to be released in a while and its only a beta, good luck with this and any other project you take on Smile
Thanks for the feedback. I very much appreciate it. Smile

Spoiler below!
I know, I think I might have built up the scares a bit too fast, but I just didn't want it to be too slow. I'll keep this in mind though.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 05:19 PM by LowFire3.)
09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Evil Infects (Old Project)*Updated*

LowFire3

thanks for tip, btw moment when returning from library and appears suddenly grunt - excellent scary element!!

i see you remove link for DL, so we awaiting for more long version of that map?
09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Find
LowFire3 Offline

RE: Evil Infects (Old Project)*Updated*

(09-08-2011, 06:25 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: LowFire3

thanks for tip, btw moment when returning from library and appears suddenly grunt - excellent scary element!!

i see you remove link for DL, so we awaiting for more long version of that map?
I just decided that maybe it wasn't such a great idea to release a demo and just release it when its finished. Plus, i'm very embarrassed that I used the
Spoiler below!
Crowbar puzzle...
I'll be sure to keep you updated on it if you are interested in playing the complete version.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 07:56 PM by LowFire3.)
09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Find
LowFire3 Offline

RE: Evil Infects*Update No.02*(Full Conversion Goodness!)

bump

I updated the thread. ^

09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Find