Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Simple Concept - Needs Testing!
NylePudding Offline

Threads: 23
Simple Concept - Needs Testing!

I have recently been testing some ideas, and I want to see what you make of this very quick and simple one.

Here is what I want you to do, simply test out the level yourself (It will only take you about minute). Then I want you to reply to this thread with your experiences. Hopefully you do what I want you to do. Tongue After a couple of people have tried it out, I will say what I was trying to achieve.

Here is the download - http://www.mediafire.com/?j3xqllm444jv22q

Enjoy! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM by NylePudding.)
09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Simple Concept - Needs Testing!

Well, I have it a shot, and I'm not entire certain of the concept you're testing.
Spoiler below!

When the grunt appeared, I was told to hide in the closet. Upon going toward the closet, I found that a body fell out of it. I couldn't close one of the closet doors fully, but the grunt left after some time. I then left the room and fell off of the map through the doorway.

09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Find
NylePudding Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Simple Concept - Needs Testing!

(09-12-2011, 07:44 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Well, I have it a shot, and I'm not entire certain of the concept you're testing.
Spoiler below!

When the grunt appeared, I was told to hide in the closet. Upon going toward the closet, I found that a body fell out of it. I couldn't close one of the closet doors fully, but the grunt left after some time. I then left the room and fell off of the map through the doorway.

Hmm, I've tested this many times and the thing that happened to you very rarely happens to me.

The idea is, you hear the monster (It's random, you seemed to have got the grunt but sometimes a brute, or the creature from Justine appears) then you get told to hide in the closet. Then the body falls in the way making it almost impossible to properly hide in the closet. Then the monster should break down the door, run towards you and disappear. (Since it's a hallucination)

Sometimes the monster goes away, but I've found that happens very rarely.

The idea of this concept is for the player to panic as they try their best (But fail) to hide in the closet.

Thanks for testing it, for testing it on people unaware usually get different results. Big Grin

Oh and falling off the map is what I expected people to do. Like I said this is only a very simple and quick idea. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2011, 08:54 PM by NylePudding.)
09-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Find