Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any chance for a Linux Boxed version?
aniruddha
Unregistered

Any chance for a Linux Boxed version?

I hope I am not asking for the obvious, but is their any change their will be a boxed version available for Linux? For example like the tribal trouble boxed edition which is only available through Tux games: (http://www.tuxgames.com/details.cgi?&gameref=134)
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Blanel Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Any chance for a Linux Boxed version?

I wouldn't count on it. I think I heard one of the devs say some time that Linux will be download only. It would probably be to much of a finacial risk to ship a boxed version of the linux version. Sad

My guess is, you'll have to download it to play on linux, or buy the windows version to get a box.

Maybe I should just hold my tongue till a dev gives some sort of real answer, but those are my guesses.
05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

There are no plans for a Linux boxed version, the chances of it ever happening are very slim.

It's a download only for now!
05-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Website Find
aniruddha
Unregistered

jens Wrote:There are no plans for a Linux boxed version, the chances of it ever happening are very slim.

It's a download only for now!

No problem. I justed wanted to know in order to decide whether to buy the download version or to wait for a Linux boxed version. I am really glad you guys made this game available for the Linux platform. Keep up the good work!
05-25-2007, 12:37 PM