Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inverted room
NyteMyre Offline

Threads: 5
Inverted room

Hey, guys....still experimenting with the level editor.... nothing worthy for release yet but i'm getting better.

Anyway, i wanted to try to set up a map that is slowly tilting and finally becomes upside down. However, i want stuff that can be interacted with (chairs/boxes/tinderboxes) to stick on the "ceiling" (floor). As soon as i load the map, they all drop down to the "ground" (ceiling).

Is there anyway to kick gravity in the nuts?
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Inverted room

Well, for one, you would have to convert the walls to entities with the model editor. And then to rotate the room, you would use RotatePropToSpeed, though you would have to do this for every wall/object not connected to another rotating object, and you would have to make sure they all have the same pivot point set, as well as the same angular velocity.

For stuff sticking to the walls, you can use AddAttachedPropToProp to connect entities.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2011, 04:43 PM by MrBigzy.)
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Find
NyteMyre Offline

oh i was actually talking about pre-setup inverted/titled rooms.... but are you saying you can actually spin a room in realtime?
09-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

It's possible, yes.

Oh, as for making the room tilt down a hallway...well, it would have pretty bad clipping errors. You would have to edit the walls in a CG program.
09-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Find
NyteMyre Offline

Damn you White Night :p
But then again, nice to see someone else had the same idea
10-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Nice Big Grin. Seems some people got this idea too Smile.

Well, there is small button called: Static physics. It means no matter where the entity is, it is static and won't move Tongue.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Find