Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

---Ideas for a different monster---
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: ---Ideas for a different monster---

(09-22-2011, 09:37 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(09-22-2011, 07:17 AM)Cpt.Jonnypants Wrote: i like where this one is going... elaborate :p
It stands at 6' tall, it can either appear as a part of the scenery, or already actively moving around, it's formed from what used to be a suit of armor, but it's parts are now twisted and jagged, the metal creaks and squeals loudly as it plods about slowly, methodically placing one foot in front of the other, it seems almost clumsy and awkward, not a real threat.

Then it hears your breath, your movements, and a hideous shrieking sound of tormented metal is heard, and suddenly the once seeming clumsy animated armor, bursts into terrifying speed, no longer content to plod slowly ahead, the startling speed shocks you, and before you know it, it has you in it's grasp, it hugs you close, and begins convulsing, you squirm in agony as the convulsions drive the jagged edges of it's armor into your body over and over.

Long after you are dead, it releases the mess of gore and ripped tissue, no longer recognizable as human anymore...

... e_o

Posting Freak
09-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Oh, I'm sorry, did I freak you out? I guess it was a little bit unsettling, but really there are so many damn things I'd love to do with the horror games, but guess what, I have absolutely no ability with scripting and coding, no ability in modeling, and generally no ability in anything but playing the game or designing one.

Know why? 'Cause I'm an english major, but to me it is so much harder sometimes to convey horror with plain out words.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 06:44 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
09-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Website Find
Cpt.Jonnypants Offline

Threads: 3

(09-22-2011, 07:17 AM)Cpt.Jonnypants Wrote: i like where this one is going... elaborate :p
It stands at 6' tall, it can either appear as a part of the scenery, or already actively moving around, it's formed from what used to be a suit of armor, but it's parts are now twisted and jagged, the metal creaks and squeals loudly as it plods about slowly, methodically placing one foot in front of the other, it seems almost clumsy and awkward, not a real threat.

Then it hears your breath, your movements, and a hideous shrieking sound of tormented metal is heard, and suddenly the once seeming clumsy animated armor, bursts into terrifying speed, no longer content to plod slowly ahead, the startling speed shocks you, and before you know it, it has you in it's grasp, it hugs you close, and begins convulsing, you squirm in agony as the convulsions drive the jagged edges of it's armor into your body over and over.

Long after you are dead, it releases the mess of gore and ripped tissue, no longer recognizable as human anymore...
Big GrinD excellent!! ;p
it would work with the mechanics of amnesia aswell

09-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(09-23-2011, 06:41 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Oh, I'm sorry, did I freak you out? I guess it was a little bit unsettling, but really there are so many damn things I'd love to do with the horror games, but guess what, I have absolutely no ability with scripting and coding, no ability in modeling, and generally no ability in anything but playing the game or designing one.

Know why? 'Cause I'm an english major, but to me it is so much harder sometimes to convey horror with plain out words.

W00T! Scripting noob high five Big Grin

Posting Freak
09-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Website Find
Cpt.Jonnypants Offline

I love the suit f armor idea. Its do-able AND its a great scare mechanic that at first, would seem like a simply un-nerving scripted event, but then it would actually attack you!! dayum! Tongue

BTW, heres my idea for a monster down below, but im actually gonnna make it and put it in my game Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   crab compressed.jpg (Size: 364 KB / Downloads: 156)
09-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(09-23-2011, 11:25 PM)Cpt.Jonnypants Wrote: I love the suit f armor idea. Its do-able AND its a great scare mechanic that at first, would seem like a simply un-nerving scripted event, but then it would actually attack you!! dayum! Tongue

BTW, heres my idea for a monster down below, but im actually gonnna make it and put it in my game Big Grin

Is that... The offspring of a brute and a grunt?

Posting Freak
09-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

The Fear/Nightmare/Twilight

One of the most horrible monsters ever encountered, it's very arrival is a prelude to doom, the room grows darker, lights going out, and a dark mist fills the air, clouding not your vision...but your mind, filling it with madness, then as you creep about, trying to make sense of the situation, you hear it's voice, and it fills you with dread, as it taunts you, rages at you, whispers nasty things to you, hunting you.

[Image: MM35_PG196.jpg]

As you desperately move about, looking anywhere for a hiding place, you turn the corner, and come face to face with it...

No one will ever hear your screams.

Frostbone Spider

Formed from an amalgam of different bones to form a spider, the horror emits a chill that rimes the walls with frost and makes you shiver uncontrollably, if it gets to close to a light source, the light is extinguished by the bitter cold around the monstrosity.

The thing is silent, and that's possibly the worst part, it makes no noises, it doesn't shriek, howl, gurgle, moan or anything else, the only sound is the skittering sound of it's boney legs on the floor as it continues to search for you.

You're starting to feel faint, the cold is so chilling and miserable, you're feeling like you won't ever feel warm again, you want to leave and get away, but what if it sees you?

Can it see you? Or does it use some other kind of arcane sense?

You wish you knew...

_______

The Teeth

All teeth and claw, this creature is blind, having no eyes of any sort, nor any nose even, in fact it appears to navigate entirely by sound, but that to makes no sense, for it has no apparent ears. It's short, standing at 4', walking on stumpy legs. The body itself has no idea, it is dominated entirely by numerous sets of teeth.

It has no arms either, just tentacles, that crawl and poke into every crevice and corner, searching for food...

It's snarls and gurgles are utterly revolting...
09-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Website Find
Cpt.Jonnypants Offline

(09-24-2011, 12:01 AM)kman Wrote:
(09-23-2011, 11:25 PM)Cpt.Jonnypants Wrote: I love the suit f armor idea. Its do-able AND its a great scare mechanic that at first, would seem like a simply un-nerving scripted event, but then it would actually attack you!! dayum! Tongue

Is that... The offspring of a brute and a grunt?
LOL, didnt think so, but now you mention it ;D

09-24-2011, 05:20 AM
Find
TheJesut Offline

Threads: 0

I would love to see some variety, that was one of my few peaves in penumbra was the variety of characters. I mean after seeing the same monster 3 times it gets really repetitive and annoying. I would love to see like multiple creatures for like certain parts of the game. I've only seen from like the 3d rendering programs or w/e they are were the brute/grunt in amnesia. I love the silent hill monsters so,
something like the bacon monster from silent hill would rock:
Spoiler below!
[Image: aecfedb55589e0_full.jpg]

Maybe even like a mutant spider, that you'll sometimes just randomly see on the walls. Like a random generation for them. Or even for all the monsters, NOW THAT would be INSANE. a random regen engine would make my pants brown. I'm just ranting ideas at this point Dodgy

Or just anything huge and weird looking in general would look stunning in the dark, and no matter what make you look the other way. Big Grin

Edit: Oh btw

Spoiler below!
The Fear/Nightmare/Twilight

One of the most horrible monsters ever encountered, it's very arrival is a prelude to doom, the room grows darker, lights going out, and a dark mist fills the air, clouding not your vision...but your mind, filling it with madness, then as you creep about, trying to make sense of the situation, you hear it's voice, and it fills you with dread, as it taunts you, rages at you, whispers nasty things to you, hunting you.

As you desperately move about, looking anywhere for a hiding place, you turn the corner, and come face to face with it...

No one will ever hear your screams.

Frostbone Spider

Formed from an amalgam of different bones to form a spider, the horror emits a chill that rimes the walls with frost and makes you shiver uncontrollably, if it gets to close to a light source, the light is extinguished by the bitter cold around the monstrosity.

The thing is silent, and that's possibly the worst part, it makes no noises, it doesn't shriek, howl, gurgle, moan or anything else, the only sound is the skittering sound of it's boney legs on the floor as it continues to search for you.

You're starting to feel faint, the cold is so chilling and miserable, you're feeling like you won't ever feel warm again, you want to leave and get away, but what if it sees you?

Can it see you? Or does it use some other kind of arcane sense?

You wish you knew...

_______

The Teeth

All teeth and claw, this creature is blind, having no eyes of any sort, nor any nose even, in fact it appears to navigate entirely by sound, but that to makes no sense, for it has no apparent ears. It's short, standing at 4', walking on stumpy legs. The body itself has no idea, it is dominated entirely by numerous sets of teeth.

It has no arms either, just tentacles, that crawl and poke into every crevice and corner, searching for food...

It's snarls and gurgles are utterly revolting...

Awesome ideas I love 'the teeth' that sounds really creepy!

"An eye for an eye is a brother for another."
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2011, 04:40 AM by TheJesut.)
09-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

http://youtu.be/6A4Vgn3qr8w

Relevant :p

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
09-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Find