Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family BETA! Need dedicated beta testers!
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
Family BETA! Need dedicated beta testers!

WIP page: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid45444

After many months of development (heh, probably about 3), I am proud to announce that my custom story has passed it's production phase and has moved onto the beta phase! I need 5 beta testers to play through my story and give me detailed feedback.

This is a major story (playtime is probably about an hour, with 8 maps total), and I need detailed and sensitive beta testers to test my story. I need as much critisizm as possible.

The application to be a tester is as follows:
Name: (how you would like your name to appear in the credits)
Amnesia main game progress: (last "hub" room you were at - entrance hall, back hall, cistern, or torture naive)
Experience with other custom stories: (a rough estimate of how many other custom stories you have played)
Beta testing experience: (if you've beta tested any other custom stories: if so how many)
(Note: this application is less of an application and more of just a quick discription of yourself so I know what kind of playerbase your comments are coming from.)

For all beta testers:
I suggest playing with a piece of paper and pencil next to you so that you can write down reminders as you think of them. The story is fairly long, and it would be impossible to remember everything throughout. Please ask me ANY questions and give me as much critisizm as you can - try to be thorough.

Current beta testers:
Obliviator
Khyrpa
NylePudding
HumiliatioN
Prelauncher (response pending)
Justyn "Frawst" Chaykowski (response pending)

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 09:31 PM by Homicide13.)
09-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Family BETA! Need dedicated beta testers!

You already sent me a PM, but I shall post here as well!

I indeed shall give you a beta test. And I shall record it, therefore you can watch the test instead of hear about it, meaning I don't need paper at all!

Anyhow, on to the application

Name: Obliviator
Amnesia Progress: Erm, if you mean by the main game, I completed it some time ago.
Experience with other Custom Stories: I've watched all of Cry's playthroughs...does that count? Big Grin Anyhow, I've got 14 custom stories which are not my own.
Experience in Beta: I have done video reviews for 5 people. Currently working on a sixth that I accidentally forgot about. Whoops.

And that's that for that!
09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Allright!

Talking bout video record, I can capture my run too (no commentary).

Name: Khyrpa
Amnesia Progress: done
Experience with other Custom Stories: Played alot, watched alot, created one.
Experience in Beta: Done some amount of testing for others. I think they've been happy?

If I get the story about now I can do all today (perhaps not send the video tho).

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 08:39 PM by Khyrpa.)
09-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
NylePudding Offline

Threads: 23

Name - NylePudding

Amnesia Progress - I've completed the main story.

Experience with other Custom Stories - I've played a number of Custom Stories from very popular ones to the not so popular. I can't say exactly how many. (Since I wiped my PC a while back) but at least ten. I've also seen many lets plays. (mostly PewDiePie's) Big Grin I am also creating a custom story at the moment which involves many random events designed to give each play-through a unique experience.

Experience in Beta - To be perfectly honest I have had no experience with beta custom stories. I was however involved quite closely with the beta of a game called No Time To Explain. If you've heard of it you would know it is nothing like Amnesia. But testing it did involve a lot of forum activity.

I always have a notebook on my desk, so I would be happy to jot down notes whenever I come across something.

Whether you pick me or not, I wish you the best of luck with your story. Smile

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 09:21 PM by NylePudding.)
09-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

I can beta test too. I have some experience for betas Smile

I can test right now Tongue

EDIT: For beta testing and stuff:

Name - HumiliatioN

Amnesia - Main Story - Completed three times.

Experience with other Custom Stories: Played over 95 custom stories, and feedback everyone of them.

Beta experience: Played couple beta stories and really focusing overall how good story is.

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 10:25 PM by HumiliatioN.)
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

(09-21-2011, 09:37 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: I can beta test too. I have some experience for betas Smile

Cool, just fill out the form for bureaucracy's sake and I'll send it right over.

09-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(09-21-2011, 09:42 PM)Homicide13 Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 09:37 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: I can beta test too. I have some experience for betas Smile

Cool, just fill out the form for bureaucracy's sake and I'll send it right over.

I have filled that already.. as you can see above reply Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
09-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Oh hey what do you know. x3
Alright well check your inbox then good sir!

09-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

I have heard back from all of my Beta testers except NylePudding and Prelauncher, and their words are all that is keeping me back from releasing this story! So if you're one of these two and you're reading this, get working! (not at the cost of thoroughness of course Tongue)

09-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

(09-23-2011, 01:20 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: I have heard back from all of my Beta testers except NylePudding and Prelauncher, and their words are all that is keeping me back from releasing this story! So if you're one of these two and you're reading this, get working! (not at the cost of thoroughness of course Tongue)
They could have caught some kind of psychosis from playing your story... Perhaps their sense of time is twisted or they have panic'd and jumped off from their balconies. Or perhaps the intense visuals made them believe they actually ...
Spoiler below!

Wait for a couple of days, add some minor polishing and just release it man! :u

09-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Find