Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UV Unwrapping in Blender 2.59
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: UV Unwrapping in Blender 2.59

(10-17-2011, 04:41 AM)Acies Wrote: Have you "triangulated" the model? That might be the issue with the texture. Saving in .dds is the optimum choice. As for the weird rotation: Have you centered the model in blender (at pos x=0, z=0) and centered its pivot point?

From Maya experience so I'm unsure wheter this is applicable or not.
Ok thanks, I got the model to show in the ModelView. A couple of questions, incase any of you can answer them quickly while I try to figure them out.

1. I have done Object > Apply > Scale + Location & Rotation. It has not completely removed the problem of it rotating around a circle, and the grid being way lower than where the Stone Cup is in the ModelView. I'm also not sure by what you mean by its "pivot point"?

2. My Stone Cup does not have the texture that I gave it, instead it has the texture that the default ground has when you open a model in ModelView. The options Material Textures are all greyed out also. I tried replaced the tga with a dds, but that didn't seem to help.

10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

In Blender, the part where the axises cross paths is basically the same position where the axises in the perspective view of the model editor cross paths. You'd want the bottom edge of the mesh to be centered there. After aligning it there, apply location again.

For the texture issue, do you have a .mat file that points to the texture that the mesh is mapped to (in the same directed as the .dae file)?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

(10-17-2011, 06:51 AM)Your Computer Wrote: In Blender, the part where the axises cross paths is basically the same position where the axises in the perspective view of the model editor cross paths. You'd want the bottom edge of the mesh to be centered there. After aligning it there, apply location again.

For the texture issue, do you have a .mat file that points to the texture that the mesh is mapped to (in the same directed as the .dae file)?
Ok, thanks I got the material working. But the rotation, location isn't working properly. I aligned the model to the X & Y axis. And then did the Apply > Rotation, even checked all 3 at the far left to be sure. Still has the same problem? Sad

[Image: problemstonecup.png]
10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

All objects viewed in the ModelView will almost always appear to be floating. Rotation of the object in the level editor and model editor is based on the origin of the mesh. Where you currently have the origin of the object (which is the center of those axis arrows) is where you want it to be to make it easier to place down in the level editor.

10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

(10-17-2011, 04:04 PM)Your Computer Wrote: All objects viewed in the ModelView will almost always appear to be floating. Rotation of the object in the level editor and model editor is based on the origin of the mesh. Where you currently have the origin of the object (which is the center of those axis arrows) is where you want it to be to make it easier to place down in the level editor.
I didn't really understand that, but I got it into the Level Editor and it shows up in the game.

I've been going into the Model Editor, added its body attachement thing, changed its properties, and it User Defined variables to match closely to the Amensia's plate. But it won't work properly in-game, it still acts like a static object (its passable, including all props).

[Image: stonecupproblems.png]

Is their anything else I'm missing?

10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Try increasing the max angular speed and max linear speed above 0.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Blender 2.59 does not export the mesh names into COLLADA node names. Without the mesh having such a name, the engine won't be able to attach the body to the mesh. Go to http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...blender_25 and read the part on how to manually add names to your mesh in the .dae file.

10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

(10-17-2011, 06:08 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Blender 2.59 does not export the mesh names into COLLADA node names. Without the mesh having such a name, the engine won't be able to attach the body to the mesh. Go to http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...blender_25 and read the part on how to manually add names to your mesh in the .dae file.

Ok, following its directions
Exporting of object names is also not currently supported in Blender 2.5. This may cause some issues when creating your own entities from your custom models. When attaching a body to your model in the Model Editor of Amnesia and the object doesn't have a name, the game will not be able to properly attach the model to the body. This may result in half of the model located at the exact center of the map, while another part having been properly attached to the model's body. The current workaround is to edit the .dae file and manually add names to your meshes. Under <library_visual_scenes>, each mesh from your model will be represented by a node tag. Simply edit the node tag by adding a name attribute with the value being the object's desired name.

For example:
<node id="Cube" type="NODE" name="Cube">
There are also issues with armatures, but full armature export support is scheduled for Blender 2.6.

It wasn't specific if whether I should do it to each Mesh. So I just did it only to the Cylinder.
Spoiler below!
<library_visual_scenes>
    <visual_scene id="Scene" name="Scene">
      <node id="Point_001" type="NODE">
        <translate sid="location">-4.399333 2.299943 5.216357</translate>
        <rotate sid="rotationZ">0 0 1 0</rotate>
        <rotate sid="rotationY">0 1 0 0</rotate>
        <rotate sid="rotationX">1 0 0 0</rotate>
        <scale sid="scale">1 1 1</scale>
        <instance_light url="#Point_001-light"/>
      </node>
      <node id="Point" type="NODE">
        <translate sid="location">-2.845705 -4.287921 5.216357</translate>
        <instance_light url="#Point-light"/>
      </node>
      <node id="Cylinder" type="NODE" name="StoneCup">
        <translate sid="location">0 0 0</translate>
        <scale sid="scale">0.075 0.075 0.075</scale>
        <instance_geometry url="#Cylinder-mesh">
          <bind_material>
            <technique_common>
              <instance_material symbol="StoneCup1" target="#StoneCup-material">
                <bind_vertex_input semantic="UVTex" input_semantic="TEXCOORD" input_set="0"/>
              </instance_material>
            </technique_common>
          </bind_material>
        </instance_geometry>
      </node>
      <node id="Lamp" type="NODE">
        <translate sid="location">4.076245 1.005454 5.903862</translate>
        <rotate sid="rotationZ">0 0 1 106.9363</rotate>
        <rotate sid="rotationY">0 1 0 3.163707</rotate>
        <rotate sid="rotationX">1 0 0 37.26105</rotate>
        <instance_light url="#Lamp-light"/>
      </node>
      <node id="Camera" type="NODE">
        <translate sid="location">7.481132 -6.50764 7.075274</translate>
        <rotate sid="rotationZ">0 0 1 46.69194</rotate>
        <rotate sid="rotationY">0 1 0 0.6197679</rotate>
        <rotate sid="rotationX">1 0 0 63.55929</rotate>
        <instance_camera url="#Camera-camera"/>
      </node>
    </visual_scene>
  </library_visual_scenes>

It does not make the name "StoneCup" appear in the nametag for the Model.
[Image: stonecupproblem2.png]

What am I still messing up on? Sad

10-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Actually you don't have to give it a name for it to work in-game. For me, I can add bodies to models without the model having a name, BUT I recommend that you name them just in case you should run into problems. Just to let you know.

The issue here is that you can't grab it? Even though you have assigned the Object -> Grab subtype?
Make sure that the staticphysics box is unchecked in the entity properties in the level editor.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(10-17-2011, 06:51 PM)Rapture Wrote: It wasn't specific if whether I should do it to each Mesh. So I just did it only to the Cylinder.

It does not make the name "StoneCup" appear in the nametag for the Model.

What am I still messing up on? Sad

You only have to manually add the names in for the objects you are going to be attaching a body to. BTW, you should consider removing lights and cameras from the scene in Blender to keep the .dae file cleaner.

If deleting the generated .msh file doesn't refresh things, then you may have to re-import the object into the model editor after applying changes to the .dae file.

10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Website Find