Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The reputation system being abused
xtron Offline

Threads: 37
The reputation system being abused

I got seriously no idea where to post this but here so please be gental on the comments...

As you may noticed the repuatation system is being abused (example is my and Kyles -1 reps, check 'em out please)

People giving -1 reputation for no legit reason at all except for being dumbasses.

example:
I gave Hardarm a -1 rep for acting childish and causing helluva lot of drama (no details) and now he gave me -1 rep for me giving him one, well he gave me two -1's the other one was becuase he's a kid.
Then you can check what Lee added to my rep a -1 and for what reason? "because hardarm gave me one".

All I'm saying is, delete it or set harder rules. please.

btw, I sent Jens a message and since he's not responding I want to take this upp with you guys.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
10-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: The reputation system being abused

Can't see a problem here. Anyone can check who has given you reputation and what for. Even if you get pointless -rep, it's only a digit under your name.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
10-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Is WindexGlow ever still around? He used to challenge people to get his as far low as it can go.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Website Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

I would really not like it to have minus one or more, fear people might think bad of me. Think it is important that only people who are known for bad actions get them, but mostly by the time they earn them, they mostly earn a warning or ban too, so I actually don't see why it is possible to down-vote. :|
10-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Generally it doesn't matter because, as you say, it is meaningless. Just rise above.
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

I think the main reason they implemented it is for other people who need help to recognize others who have helped a lot so they can turn to them for advice/whatever, in the case that posting in a thread didn't get them the answer they needed. A good idea but...eh, I dunno if systems like this really help.
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

I give +reps or -reps because people deserve it. You added a -rep to me because I did to Kyle, And you know REALLY GOOD that I spammed him for a reason. Do you really find it good that someone offends my mum, WHICH DIED 5 years ago? Do you really find it right? And you kept Kyle on the group because you think it was "worth" it. Lee did a good thing (Also I don't understand the comment about Dubstep? lawl.). I'll just HOPE that your project fails, because YOU and your boyfriend deserve it. I'll ignore you two and I will stop this rage, because Tanshaydar can ban we both. I said I promise to him I will end this, And you STOP complaining. Since your mum didn't die yet you'd rather NOT understand me, or what i'm saying. You two people are one of the worst people I found in the internet, this said i'm going to ignore you and won't talk to you two ever again.

listen to boards of canada
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Website Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

(10-18-2011, 01:14 PM)Hardarm Wrote: I give +reps or -reps because people deserve it. You added a -rep to me because I did to Kyle, And you know REALLY GOOD that I spammed him for a reason. Do you really find it good that someone offends my mum, WHICH DIED 5 years ago? Do you really find it right? And you kept Kyle on the group because you think it was "worth" it. Lee did a good thing (Also I don't understand the comment about Dubstep? lawl.). I'll just HOPE that your project fails, because YOU and your boyfriend deserve it. I'll ignore you two and I will stop this rage, because Tanshaydar can ban we both. I said I promise to him I will end this, And you STOP complaining. Since your mum didn't die yet you'd rather NOT understand me, or what i'm saying. You two people are one of the worst people I found in the internet, this said i'm going to ignore you and won't talk to you two ever again.
That was some rage.

1: So you give -1 reps becuase other give it to you? I'm sorry but, idiot.
2: I kept Kyle and kicked you out for one god damn reason, he manged to get stuff done! you were stuck on one point all along AND you flamed.
3: Me and my boyfriend? I'm sorry if your mentally challenged but don't talk shit. (I'm straight btw)
4: Grow up.

And btw, I quit mapping for Amnesia. I'm only on the forums to help the people I can help and for news and updates about future games from Frictionalgames.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Find