Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So what is Frictional's opinion on Metro 2033?
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24
So what is Frictional's opinion on Metro 2033?

Something I wondered. Been playing this game lately, and I must say it seems to rely more on tension scares rather than shocks, which is nice, and has a strong atmosphere too with some very spooky events. Though the game is sometimes a bit 'raily' as it has a LOT of scripted events where it's more like watching a movie. Otherwise it is nice and I think the story is cool.

So I wonder, is this a good example of a scary game with story and atmosphere, Frictional? Err, in case I missed it, feel free to link sources if Frictional already has mentioned this game.

Also, no further spoilers than the Library/Ranger Outpost please, at least in my case, also perhaps an idea to give any spoilers spoiler-tags just in case. Smile
10-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4
RE: So what is Frictional's opinion on Metro 2033?

LOL, Metro 2033 is not scary. It just has a NICE, VERY nice story and atmosphere. The graphics are awesome, too.
10-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Find
Mina Darsh Offline

Threads: 24

Well, it was more like, when I got to the library, they said about the monster named the Librarian: "Don't run, but don't attack either, if you look them in the eye long enough, they retreat." I was like: "Oh crap..." Also I really hate the Lurkers! What I mostly loved and what created the tension mostly is that you mostly had a rather poor or no indication that an enemy was coming, sometimes they were on top of you without realizing.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM by Mina Darsh.)
10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Amnesia and Metro 2033 were the only games i remember to have ever make me literally fear-quit.

Concerning librarians, after building up the courage to walk through all of that, i stared at the librarian, but it attacked me. So i pulled out my shotgun and killed it (lawl). Half way into the area, i ran out of ammo by trying to take down just two or three of them. Thankfully by that time all i needed to do was ninja passed them.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Website Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

The librarians thing doesn't work well. If you stare at them, sometimes they'll just run into you and kill you. D:
10-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Find