Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a QA tester (Mac) - see inside
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Need a QA tester (Mac) - see inside

Hey guys. Since the forums have been organized into very specialized groups, I have no regrets making a specialized post like this to ask for a dedicated QA tester for my upcoming project. I have not yet released any major details on the project, and do not intend to do so until the whole project is near release (or at all, perhaps).

If you wish to join the "team" and help me, here is the basic spiel:

I want to make this mod available to as many people as possible without having them take extra steps on their end to make it work. I will walk you through the process of creating an application in a Mac OS, but since I only have Windows, you will have to create it and test it yourself! This way, when the project is done, I can send it to you to test out the full conversion and wrap it up for download by Mac-users.

You'll also be playtesting some minor gameplay elements which I am changing/modifying for this mod:
- player height/jump height
- "night-vision" illumination color
- mouse icons
- hand-lantern being changed to flashlight

The above items are amongst many small things you'll be testing in a Mac environment, just to ensure the conversion mod is functional on a Mac OS.

Now, there are some requirements. You must:
- have access to Amnesia: The Dark Descent on a Mac OS (whether it be through Steam, or the redistributable version)
- be familiar with Mac OS (have a few years' experience, because you'll be doing some stuff which I have no clue how to do on a Mac, since I've been working exclusively in Windows environments for about 10 years
- be an active and dedicated user. This project will take a long while, and though I won't have work for you to do every day (in fact, there may be weeks' worth of waiting time between each build I send you), you must be active enough that I won't have to wait extraordinary lengths of time to send you content to test.
- be willing to download plenty of different builds. You don't have to store/save them -- you can delete them after you confirm they are functional, but you'll be downloading many different builds which have trivial or "sandbox" content.

If you're interested and have any questions, send me a PM. Thanks in advance Smile

10-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Need a QA tester (Mac) - see inside

If you need a tester for Linux, let me know.

(10-21-2011, 01:54 AM)palistov Wrote: - "night-vision" illumination color

Ah, i had planned on making a tutorial on creating a working night-vision goggles for my video series. Looks like i wasn't the only one thinking about doing that.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Very good! I'm unclear on how FCs work on Linux, but once I figure it out you'll be my go-to guy.

And as for the night-vision color, it's basically a modified color/radius. Night-vision being the faint blue illumination you see when standing in darkness. The player will receive an old glowstick, which provides that night-vision aspect, so there isn't a random unexplained light source emanating from them when they stand in darkness Smile

It may be scrapped however...it may conflict with planned story and gameplay elements....like monsters. Haha.

10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(10-21-2011, 02:20 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If you need a tester for Linux, let me know.

(10-21-2011, 01:54 AM)palistov Wrote: - "night-vision" illumination color

Ah, i had planned on making a tutorial on creating a working night-vision goggles for my video series. Looks like i wasn't the only one thinking about doing that.
I though of something alongside this too.

Off topic:
I noticed that you've left a voice recording in the OLITD sound folder titled "trailer voice 1.mp3". Big Grin

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Haha really? That was a contribution from someone who saw OLitD's trailer and offered to help make new and improved trailer with voice acting. Never got around to actually making it.

Unintentional Easter Eggs for the win!

10-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Oh I thought that was you. Actually laughed when I found it, since I was like lets-tease-some-with-this-unintentionally-released-audio-file.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Haha no. You can hear my humble voice on my LP video (soon to be videos). Click below in my sig Big Grin

10-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-21-2011, 02:46 AM)palistov Wrote: Very good! I'm unclear on how FCs work on Linux, but once I figure it out you'll be my go-to guy.

It's practically like in Windows, though you should assume that everything is case sensitive.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Website Find