Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac OS X Demo Now Available: Version 1.0.679 (Beta 2)
ravenpen Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Mac OS X Demo Now Available (Beta 1)

Urkle Wrote:Does anyone have an nvidia card? Seems like everyone here so far has an ATI. I guess I need to get my hands on an ATI PCIe card.

I have an Nvidia 6800 Ultra and have not experienced any of the shader or missing texture problems reported by others.

At this point I've played through the demo and the only discernable issue I came across was the cursor acting a little hinkey and fading in and out when trying to interact with various objects.

Other than that the demo was very enjoyable and I look forward to the release of the full Mac client.

Thanks again for putting out an OS X version. Penumbra looks quite cool and something I'd like to purchase when it becomes available.
09-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Find
TimBioSS Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Mac OS X Demo Now Available: Version 1.0.679 (Beta 2)

Why the following posts were deleted ?
09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Find
jonzg Offline

Hello, I tried to download the demo, but when I open the .dmg, all I got was a folder and when I double click it it tell me that there is no application asociated with penumbra. There is no installer. How can I fix this??

Thanks

Jon
09-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Find
ikir Offline

Threads: 1

I got a lot of graphical glitches on my MacPro with Radeon x1900XT. Do i need to change shader mode?

@jonzg
It works ok here. Do you open .pkg files? You must open them with installer.app (cmd-i)

@all

Yes i agree, penumbra rocks, thanks supporting Macs too.
09-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Find
Silentphil7 Offline

ikir Wrote:I got a lot of graphical glitches on my MacPro with Radeon x1900XT. Do i need to change shader mode?

IIRC we all just wait until funicional games releases a patch. One member of the team said they worked alongside with ATI to issue the graphical bugs so they are trying to finsish porting the macintosh version.
09-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

we have *most* of the ATI issues fixed. We are down to the BAD shadow issues left. Work is progressing and I will release a new demo once I have it all working.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
09-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Website Find
WestOfCA Offline

In the process of downloading the demo (1.0.679 - Beta 2) now. I'll report back once I've played it.

As this machine has an Nvidia card, I'm hoping for the best!
09-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Find
WestOfCA Offline

Demo (Beta 2) downloaded and installed with no problems. Everything seems to be working--almost--flawlessly.

Thanks for making the demo available.

The one (minor) flaw seems to be an occasional (slight) "flicker" or "fading out" or blurring of some graphic details. This seems to be located (when it happens) in or near the middle of the screen; it also seems to usually happen when I'm in motion (either moving forward, or changing direction of view); it isn't severe or moderate, but just slightly noticeable and doesn't really detract from the playability of the game.

Computer and Graphics Card Details:
Mac Pro,
Dual-Core Intel Xeon (2.66 GHz),
1 GB RAM,
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT.

I've enjoyed reading many of the comments and threads here at the forum.

Finally,
--I look forward to playing Penumbra in its entirety when it is wholly Mac compatible.
--Keep up the good work on behalf of us Mac owners--especially those of us who also love playing great games!!
09-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Find
tobiaspb Offline

Hi. This looks great.

I have a request to the installation, do you really need a installer? I like the drag and drop way. And if you need a installer please make it possible to choose the destination. I have a Games folder in applications that I keep all my games in.

And would it be possible to pre-buy the mac version? Or is the release very imminent?

- Tobias.
09-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Website Find
Black Smurf Offline

Any news on the Mac version? Still fighting ugly OpenGL and graphics drivers?

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
-- H.P.Lovecraft
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Find