Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture

"You can not compare fear and fear. One is equal to the other. One may have a quality the other doesn't though in the end, it is still fear...and that fear will consume you."

They are both games that will go down in history as the best horror games created. One can not "win". That is ridicules. They both have their ups and their downs. One has one thing while the other does not. The question is not which one is "better"; the question is what is next.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011, 03:11 PM by J.R.S.S..)
12-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

I didnt like Penumbras because of the scariness but because of the story and the puzzles.Black plague was really creepy though.
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Nobody could be disappointed by penumbra Overture. Maybe you can think it is not better than Amnesia, but it's a fantastic game.
I think it is better than Amnesia. But everybody has his own opinion.
Perhaps you like what you play first.
12-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Need to remember that Overture was their first "official" game release. (not the tech demo, which I haven't had chance to play) Not exactly an old game, but still looks great and is still one of my favorite games to date. Black Plague does look a lot scarier and seems to require more stealth and darkness Tongue

Think A Little, Change A Lot
12-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Find
A Luna Offline

Threads: 2

Just finished Overture. I've also played Amnesia before this but it still blew me away sometimes. The first dog: WHOAAAAAA
Second encounter with dog (drunk me with mates): Kill it! *bash* *bash* *bash* I'm dead Sad

Was a brilliant story and a very nice ending. Would have loved to see poor Red live, but he's right, scarred for life. The only time when I was insanely scared was the first dog and:

Spoiler below!
the ending with the black sillouette in the hallway. Mannnn I freaked out there

I love playing custom stories, need a tester or someone who you want to scare easily? Pick me!:D
12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah the ending really freaked me out. Took a step forward, lights out, took a step back. Then my mate forced me to move forward, I refused to look cause I thought something would jump out. Even when you get knocked out made me jump. Loved the game, story was great, red's character was class, shame about him Sad

Think A Little, Change A Lot
12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Find