Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

so... any one here heard of marble hornets?
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
so... any one here heard of marble hornets?

just though i'd make a thread about this since i've been really into this series for about a year now, and i feel the majority of you probably haven't heard of it. what i'm talking about is this channel/show on youtube called marblehornets, they started a few years ago and the series is still going. and considering that this forum is full of horror fans, i thought it was necessary to shed some light on this Smile because this series is TERRIFYING. it honestly might be scarier than any movie i've ever seen, it's definitely up there with session 9 and the shining in my opinion. so if you haven't heard of this show already, you HAVE to go check them out! i promise you, you will be scared. it relies heavily on psychological horror, and when it does use jump scares they're always relating to the character in some way (in other words you're not just gonna see someone pop up and hear a random scream, it actually makes sense why it happened)

here's the first entry

Posting Freak
11-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Website Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5
RE: so... any one here heard of marble hornets?

Watched this when this started and I think up to Entry #30 or so. After that I just stopped watching, I just thought it was dragging on. That's just my opinion though, not saying it's bad or anything. It's quite good and at points can make you turn on the lights and take off your headphones. I might start watching again, perhaps.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
11-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I watched everything from 0-51, I thought it got a bit dragged out like Storch said but I had to keep watching anyway. I have to admit that it's the scariest series I've ever seen.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I watched some of this last year (or was it the year before that?). Up untill the makers of it took a break...

I've been meaning to go back to it at some point but haven't gotten around to it.
11-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-05-2011, 02:32 AM)spukrian Wrote: I watched some of this last year (or was it the year before that?). Up untill the makers of it took a break...

I've been meaning to go back to it at some point but haven't gotten around to it.
you really should, the second season is a LOT better than the first in my opinion Big Grin

Posting Freak
11-05-2011, 05:12 AM
Website Find
HitlersNosehaiR Offline

Threads: 0

Marble Hornets has been on and off for me. I started watching it after I heard about it on /x/. By now, though, it's dead. Slenderman isn't scary and it's story is just a massive pile of "wut".
11-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Find