Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particles on a model
MBchrono Offline

Threads: 5
Particles on a model

Has anyone gotten particles working on a model? I am adding particles using the model editor, and the show up in the model viewer, but when I zoom in close or look at it in game, they disappear. Any ideas?

11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Website Find
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Particles on a model

Are they Looping Particle Systems, and are they attached to the Model?

-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
11-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

Particles have settings that define when the particles are shown.

Quote from this tutorial:
"To get a better transition when you move through the fog, we will enable the 'Fade at distance' box and enter the values where the fog will start to fade in and out. I chose the values Min End=2, Min Start=5, Max Start=20, and Max End=25. These values mean that the fog will be invisible until the player is 25m from it, then it will fade in until the player is 20m from it. It will then be fully visible until the player is 5m from it and will fade completely at 2m".

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011, 12:11 PM by Khyrpa.)
11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(11-07-2011, 12:11 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: Particles have settings that define when the particles are shown.

Quote from this tutorial:

"To get a better transition when you move through the fog, we will enable the 'Fade at distance' box and enter the values where the fog will start to fade in and out. I chose the values Min End=2, Min Start=5, Max Start=20, and Max End=25. These values mean that the fog will be invisible until the player is 25m from it, then it will fade in until the player is 20m from it. It will then be fully visible until the player is 5m from it and will fade completely at 2m".
Haha thanks. My werewolf had an issue with his "particle eyes". That should fix him.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Find
MBchrono Offline

Threads: 5

I disabled that fade at a distance option. It now shows up in model viewer when I zoom in on it. But it still does not show up in game.

It is a looping candle particle. I don't understand why it isn't working. It's attached to the model.

11-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-08-2011, 03:00 PM)MBchrono Wrote: I disabled that fade at a distance option. It now shows up in model viewer when I zoom in on it. But it still does not show up in game.

It is a looping candle particle. I don't understand why it isn't working. It's attached to the model.
Make sure the model is saved in a new destination (not overwritten) and the particle is attached to a joint. I put my custom particles on a entity and it didn't show up. All I had to do was close everything out after saving and start it up again. maybe you just need to refresh the whole situation? maybe give some screenshots?

11-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Find