Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress I Wish to Conduct an Experiment
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
I Wish to Conduct an Experiment

So, I figured I'd kick out a "demo", if you will, of what I'm currently working on (when I have the time, that is) and that would currently be "I Wish to Conduct an Experiment"

This mod has been designed to be more puzzle based, as opposed to horror. However, I have also introduced a few other mechanics. The main, and most important one would be similar to what Frictional introduced in Justine.

Death is final.

So I thought I should post a bit of a Demo, if you will. Why? Because I don't want to keep all of my work in the dark, so I'll emerge every so often and show the forums what I can do. Anyhow, no screenies because...well, I'm tired right now and feeling a bit lazy. Perhaps at a later date.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tx00a9i4v3ngqv2

A couple things I'd like to mention.
- This currently lacks ambient music.
- Most of the initial voice acting are placeholder lines

Happy gaming!

11-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: I Wish to Conduct an Experiment

I played it! I was VERY pleased =D Not going to lie, probably my favorite campaign yet. Puzzles are tricky, but satisfyingly "complete-able". I recommend to anyone. =]
11-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

i LOVED unsterblich, and since we're gonna be working on a team soon i figured i might as well give this a go. tell you in a little bit what i think of it Big Grin
ok so so far this has been VERY good. i'll give my full critique when i'm done, but, i'm stuck

Spoiler below!
what is the combination for the room with all the buttons? i couldn't tell what the note was hinting at, i found the first 4 numbers in the combination just by screwing around but i tried every other button after the 4th one and none of them seem to work Sad please help!

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 09:15 AM by Kman.)
11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-09-2011, 08:40 AM)kman Wrote: i LOVED unsterblich, and since we're gonna be working on a team soon i figured i might as well give this a go. tell you in a little bit what i think of it Big Grin
ok so so far this has been VERY good. i'll give my full critique when i'm done, but, i'm stuck

Spoiler below!
what is the combination for the room with all the buttons? i couldn't tell what the note was hinting at, i found the first 4 numbers in the combination just by screwing around but i tried every other button after the 4th one and none of them seem to work Sad please help!
Spoiler below!

Recall that the note asks you to BE AWARE of your situation. Smile

11-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Find
Darion97 Offline

Threads: 1

this custom story is very nice!! the puzzles are exciting!!
11-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Find
Brute Offline

Very nice Custom Story! You definetly watched too much SAW! Really cool! Big Grin
But dude, seriously! What is the code? I don't get it!

11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

(11-14-2011, 01:06 PM)Brute Wrote: Very nice Custom Story! You definetly watched too much SAW! Really cool! Big Grin
It would then surprise you that I've only ever seen SAW I and SAW II. Wink
Spoiler below!

The note tells you to BE AWARE, right? Smile

11-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-14-2011, 01:06 PM)Brute Wrote: Very nice Custom Story! You definetly watched too much SAW! Really cool! Big Grin
i think you might be missing something i missed too

Spoiler below!
if you look directly above the buttons you'll see there's the little pad above each of them. if you let your cursor hover over each of the pads they will display a different letter. i don't want too take ALL the satisfaction out of completing it, so that's all i'm gonna tell you Tongue

Posting Freak
11-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Website Find