Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.08 Average
The Machine
AFSStudio Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Machine

Sorry, Dyloo. Unfortunately I ask you, where is that "One thing you love"?
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Find
Gyldenglad Offline

Threads: 2

I have some more issues, and probably a pretty fatal bug:

Spoiler below!
I've been running around for like 20 minutes trying to find "one thing you love", can't find it. I also managed to die inside the summoning circle room, but if you die you spawn outside the room in front of the cannon, and the door that is down the stairs after the blown up door, it's locked and can't continue.
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Find
Dyloo Offline

Threads: 3

Guys, maybe I should complete the game for you? ;D

Spoiler below!
The "Thing you love" can be obtained a map earlier - inside your Wife's Cell
12-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Find
Gyldenglad Offline

That's fine but.. The thing is, if you read my post before, is that you lock the doors behind us so we can't go back and look for stuff.

To keep the story true, you could add like a different ending, like:

Spoiler below!

a) find all the items and complete the ritual
b) find some of the items, banish the demon but die in the process
c) find none of the items, demon takes your body

atleast right now I'm stuck between 2 closed doors because I died in a place and the doors either way is locked. It's very bad when I do lets play and record it, I might have to cut a lot of stuff and even replay the whole thing to pick up the stuff I missed.
Don't take this too hard, I mean it's a nice custom and all but it's not good idea to get people stuck too often Tongue

Spoiler below!
You can also just add another item, like a "portrait of wife" hidden somewhere in the area where you also find the gem and blood, atleast that would solve an issue regarding cross-map item finding.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 08:24 PM by Gyldenglad.)
12-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
Dyloo Offline

Threads: 3

Well, then that's your fault - you should have checked the cells a map earlier Tongue
I won't be adding any other endings, because I need this one in case of doing next chapter.
Anyway, I didn't expect that you will die in this part of game Tongue My fault here. I'll add a proper checkpoint!
I'm very sorry about that!
Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 08:25 PM by Dyloo.)
12-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Find
Gyldenglad Offline

I guess that is entirely your choice if you want to make your map playable or not. Either way I'm not gonna use more time on playing a map that makes me go stuck with no alternatives + that attitude of "your fault just replay the whole thing" :S. << I hope that didn't come out too harsh ^^

I kinda died on purpose to see if I could go back and pick up some stuff or "respawn" the area if I messed something.

Spoiler below!
You put a scare right when you use the key to unlock the door, which made me shit my pants and run away in a hurry, so I missed checking the cells properly.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM by Gyldenglad.)
12-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Find
A Tricky Carnie Offline

Threads: 15

I'll play this when I get the chance, seems really good.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 12:54 AM by A Tricky Carnie.)
12-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

ok nevermind, i realized that i had totally forgotten to put all the folders in their proper places and that was the problem, i feel so stupid right now...

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011, 06:23 AM by Kman.)
12-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Website Find
keeshond5 Offline

Threads: 0

Wow I have played this for about 10 minutes now and I have to say the atmosphere and rooms all look really scary.. Whenever I see a certain room with blood it seems really natural and realistic and I really dont want to enter it.. The reason I have only played 10 minutes is because im going to sleep now.. but I wanted to ask something.

Spoiler below!
Haha very clever with all the jumpscares. Every single jumpscare in the first level (before you reach the dining hall) scared the hell out of me. But heres my question.. Are there alot of jumpscares like that? Because I have a friend who really freaks out at jumpscares so I could play this with him! lol
12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

umm... there are like maybe 3 jump scares in this entire thing

Posting Freak
12-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Website Find